Chapter Six: I Promised Him

Alpha Jace's P.O.V 

************
RECAP

"S-Stop....J-Jace! J-Jace!!" I managed to yell, falling back against the wall as the door was broken down.

"What the hell!?! Baby!?! What did you do to him you bastard!" I heard Jace yell as he ran over to me.

My vision began to darken as he called my name.

I wanted to answer but I couldn't, my tongue was beginning to swell from me biting on it too many times.

I only managed to say one thing before passing out.

"S-save the pup....g-get him a-away f-from A-Alpha A-Aaron....s-save the pup."
************

*BEFORE COMING FOR AUSTIN*

I was on my way to the bathroom when I heard a whimper and what seemed to be someone calling my name.

I paused and waited for it to sound again.

When I heard nothing I continued to the bathroom. After finishing my buisness and washing my hands, I started heading towards the nursery.

I can't wait to see my Austin again, he's just so adorable.

I don't understand how anyone could hurt him or even think about hurting him. It's just depressing to think that I wasn't there to protect him from these horrible people.

I was right down the hall when I heard a whisper of my name again. I paused, straining my ears for it again.

I took a step and nearly toppled over when I heard the most heart wrenching call.

"S-Stop....J-Jace! J-Jace!!" I ran to the nursery and tried to open the door.

The door was locked so I used all my strength to break the door down.

When I came in, Austin was on the floor, barely conscious and leaning against the wall. He was bleeding from his nose and the left half of his face was swollen.

There was a tiny fist print on his right cheek, but it seemed out of place when compared to the other injuries.

I glared at Alpha Aaron who just stood there with a bandaged pup in his arms and a smirk on his face.

"What the hell!?! Baby!?! What did you do to him you bastard!" I whisper yelled.

I ran over to him and dripped to my knees. I felt silent tears slip down my face as my hands hovered over him.

"Austin!?! Baby please! You can't go to sleep, keep your eyes open for me okay?" I pleaded, but they were in vain as his began to flutter close.

He opened his mouth a couple times, but the only thing that came out was a small whine. From what I could see, his teeth were covered in blood, his gums were blistered in some places, and his tongue was starting to swell rapidly.

He had somehow gained enough energy to speak before  he passed out.

"S-save the pup....g-get him a-away f-from A-Alpha A-Aaron....s-save the pup."

I glanced around, searching for said pup, only to find him clutched in Alpha Aaron's hands.

I slowly stood and stepped towards him.