Chapter Twenty Five: Reconstruction Intro Pt. 1

Austin's P.O.V

********
Recap

My eyelids slowly fluttered as they tried to adjust to the sudden light. I let out a quiet groan as I tried to sit up, only now realizing there was a force preventing me from sitting up.

"Wh-what....?" I grumbled, shocked to feel an immense pain rip through my torso.

The door opened and someone tiptoed in, setting a sloshing bowl of something next to me.

"Hey, glad to see your finally awake." Spencer greeted, dipping a wash cloth into the bowl of water and wiping at my forehead.

"Wh-where's....J-Jace?" I croaked, trying to get up one more.

"Don't move, you lost a lot of blood. Apparently, you'd been cut before we got to the pack house and I hadn't noticed. The shock from almost having your throat ripped out caused you to pass out." He said, ignoring my question.

"S-Spencer, where's J-Jace?" I pushed.

"You've been asleep for a couple days, Jared was worried." He continued.

His eyes pleaded with me to just let it go, but something told me I shouldn't.

"Spencer!" I yelled, causing him to lock his jaw and take in a sharp breath.

"Austin....please." He pleaded, avoiding my gaze.

"Where is he?" I asked, using the headboard and the wall next to me to sit up as best as I could.

"He...." He began, "please try to stay calm, everything will be fine. We've come so close."

"Just tell me where he is....please." I whined, worry spiking in my heart.

"He's been kidnapped."

*********

It's been about two weeks since I found out Jace had been kidnapped.

Two weeks of hell.

Two weeks of reconstruction.

The first few days, I'd done nothing but cry and wrap myself up in his bed. I washed myself in his scent, his clothes, his pillow, his everything.

It was all mine.

I didn't eat, sleep, or shower; I was consumed with emptiness. If anyone tried to enter our room I would snap and attack them; no one was safe.

Flashback

"Aussy..." Jared whispered, slowly pushing the door open with his small, shaking hands, "everyone's worried about you."

I continued to stare down at my hands, tightly grasping onto one of Jace's sweaters. His words went in one ear and out the other, yet he continued to talk.

"Spencer says that they're starting to prepare for war..everyone's been going crazy with training and everything," his small steps echoed in the silent room.

The door remained cracked as he quietly made his way over to the bed. He got halfway and I let out a low warning growl. I felt him hesitate before he started to take another step.

I growled again, this time louder, deeper.

"Aussy, please. I just want to he-" he started.

"Get out." I muttered, my body stiffening.

"Wh-what?" He asked, remainibg where he was.