Chapter Two: Today Is The Day

Austin's P.O.V

************

RECAP

The basement door opened and I whimpered in fear, had she come back to finish me off?

I tried to scuttle away as someone walked down the steps. Circles dotted my eyed as someone picked me up and carried me off to an unknown place.

Darkness consumed me as I heard someone mumble.

"What the hell kind of Alpha allows this to happen!?!"

************

I awoke to my body shivering, my back stiff as I realized I was laying on the floor.

'How the hell did I get on the floor?'

I groaned and sat up, rubbing the back of my head. I pulled away and gasped in pain as I came into contact with a wet cloth instead of my hair, a sharp pain racing down my spine.

I rushed to the bathroom, ignoring the dizzy spell rushing over me. I looked into the mirror and realized that the back of my head had been bandaged, as were my hands and knees.

'What the hell?'

Yesterday's events came rushing back to me, causing me to stumble over from shock.

'How did I get here?'

Hold on a second.

My bathroom doesn't have a mirror. Who's room is this? I ran out of the bathroom and stumbled over to a huge wooden dresser.

I leaned on it for support, steadying myself the best I could. I walked to the door and started to turn the knob when I heard voices in the hallway.

One belonged to Alpha Spencer, but the other was foreign to me. I wasn't sure who the voice belonged to, but from what I could gather he was another Alpha.

Fear washed through me.

'Great, just what I needed another person to hate me.'

Suddenly the door was thrust open, causing me to fly back and land on the floor.

The stranger rushed over to me and apologized profusely. Unsure of how to respond to the kindness I remained silent.

"I'm so sorry, are you alright? I'm such an ass. You're okay right?"

'His concern befuddled me, why was he being nice to me?'

"Y-Yes I'm okay." I whispered, afraid to speak.

"Thank goodness. I thought I hurt you for a second." He smiled at me and grabbed my hand, gently helping me stand up.

There was an awkward silence as Alpha Spencer and Alpha Stranger stared at me.

I stared at the floor, avoiding eye contact as best as I could. I had been thoroughly informed that it was disrespectful to look an Alpha in the eye.

Unless of course the Alpha was your mate or gave you special permission, no one would dare look them in the eyes.

"Hey, Austin, my name is Alpha Andrew Jace Rosin, but you can call me Jace. I am the Alpha of The Black Bass Tribe, just next door to yours."

"H-hi. You already seem to kn-know my name, so yeah. N-nice to meet you, Alpha Jace." I whispered, still not meeting his eyes.

"Oh, come on, Tiny, there's no need for the Alpha part."

His playful tone made me shiver, whether it was unease or something unknown I wouldn't know.

I simply mumbled an, "ok," while staring at his shoes.

Black dress shoes, a stainless steel outline around the tips, and silver laces woven through. A little fancy for the woods, I'd say.

He chuckled again, putting his pointer finger under my chin and lifted my head.

"You can look me in the eyes, you know?"

His voice was so gentle, inviting even, but this could be a test. I tried to look at every thing, anything, but his eyes yet something in me couldn't resist.

I brought my eyes up slowly to meet his and there was a tiny spark ignited in me. I chose to ignore it, but I couldn't help getting lost in his deep blue eyes.

'Damn, how are his eyes so blue?'

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever until a growl sounded behind us, snapping me back into reality.

I quickly stepped back as I realized we had unconsciously moved closer. His fingers left from my chin, the contact lost. I returned my gaze to the ground and cleared my throat.

"I don't m-mean to sound rude wh-when I ask this, but what can I help you w-with?" I asked, tensing as I waited for Alpha Spencer to start shouting at me.

When nothing came, I took a peek at him and cringed. He was already looking at me, glaring in fact. His glare quickly dropped as Alp-, I mean, Jace turned to look back at him.

"I found you laying on the floor of the school's basement. I smelled the blood and followed it, only to find you alone and covered in blood. I bright you here to the room I'm currently staying in and looked after you 'til your Alpha decided to make an appearance and yet I'm met with a boy."

I held my breath as he continued, not sure how to respond.

"I asked him if this has happened before, he said no. He assured me that he would take care of whoever did this to you. Is he speaking truthfully?"

It was clear to me that Alpha Spencer wanted me to lie to him, so as not to disgrace the pack, I did as expected of me.

"Y-Yes, he is a v-very good Alpha."

Lying hurt, but it needed to be done.

"Are you sure?" Jace asked, clearly not believing me at all.

"Yes."

'Hell no.'

"Alpha Spencer, will you please excuse yourself." He gave him a command rather than asking.

I'm assuming he's not the type to ask.

"Sure thing, Alpha Andrew."

Spencer shot me one last glare, turned and stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I jumped a bit as it smashed against the door frame, but Jace didn't even flinch.

"Now, I would appreciate it if you would stop lying to me."

************