Chapter Twenty: Oh Crap, We Forgot Pt. 1

Chapter TwentyOh Crap, We Forgot Pt. 1

Austin's P.O.V

***********
RECAP

"When I woke up, they told me that he'd gotten away, and that I almost died. They asked me why I let him get that far, why my wolf had done nothing to stop him. What they didn't know was that my wolf couldn't fight back, he'd been forcing me to stop hunting, leaving my wolf weak and starving. Even after they'd saved me, I couldn't mind-link or eat by myself, I couldn't even heal a paper cut." I mumbled, bitterness seeping into my voice.

It was so painful to remember everything, all the pain and feelings coming back to haunt me.

Especially since I know he's somewhere out there, alive and well.
***********

I sat there, frozen in shock as I listened to his story. I wasn't quite comprehending how someone could hurt Jace like that, the sweet sweet boy that sat in front of me now.

I pulled away from him and stared down at his beautiful face. He looked so vulnerable with tears streaming down his face, the hurt forever etched into his haunted eyes. It just doesn't make sense how someone could be that cruel to someone as innocent as Jace was -still is.

This man, this nice, caring, and thoughtful man, had been hurt beyond repair by his own mate. How could anyone do that to another person, let alone their soul mate?

Jace is beyond sweet, he does more than put others above himself, hell, he makes sure your comfortable rather than himself. He'd probably walk through coal just to make you laugh if that was what you wanted.

This caring man couldn't hurt a fly even if he wanted, yet the world seemed out to hurt him more than anything.

As I looked at his tear stained face, I knew that I would do anything in my power to make sure no one hurt him again.

"I don't know what I should say, but I do know what I can say. I know I'm not exactly th-the strongest wolf out th-there, but I promise I'll do everything in my power t-to make sure no one ever hurts you again.

"I won't be able to erase th-the memories of what happened to you, but I will t-try my best t-to help ease th-the pain. You've already done so much for me, so I want t-to start t-the long journey t-to paying you back." I whispered, placing my hands on his cheeks.

His eyes slowly opened as my speech came to a close. Those beautiful dark blue eyes I'd grown to love, held a look of gratitude and love. Just beyond that you could still see the pain and betrayal, maybe it would always be there.

I just hope that one day it'll be easier to get through a day without having that awful memory so strongly present.

"Th-thank you, Tiny." He whispered, pecking my nose as his tears slowly dried up.

"There's no thanks necessary, that's w-what I'm here f-for." I whispered back, blushing as he stared down at me with a look of adoration.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." He said, hugging me to his chest once again.

"You'd probably s-sleep the day away, eat cereal for the rest o-of your life, and leave m-my puppy to fend for h-himself." I listed off, glancing over at a sleeping Dean.