Chapter Three: What?

Austin's P.O.V

************

RECAP

"I found you laying on the floor of the school's basement. I smelled the blood and followed it, only to find you alone and covered in blood. I bright you here to the room I'm currently staying in and looked after you 'til your Alpha decided to make an appearance and yet I'm met with a boy."

I held my breath as he continued, not sure how to respond.

"I asked him if this has happened before, he said no. He assured me that he would take care of whoever did this to you. Is he speaking truthfully?"

It was clear to me that Alpha Spencer wanted me to lie to him, so as not to disgrace the pack, I did as expected of me.

"Y-Yes, he is a v-very good Alpha."

Lying hurt, but it needed to be done.

"Are you sure?" Jace asked, clearly not believing me at all.

"Yes."

'Hell no.'

"Alpha Spencer, will you please excuse yourself." He gave him a command rather than asking.

I'm assuming he's not the type to ask.

"Sure thing, Alpha Andrew."

Spencer shot me one last glare, turned and stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I jumped a bit as it smashed against the door frame, but Jace didn't even flinch.

"Now, I would appreciate it if you would stop lying to me."
************

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered out, jumping slightly when Jace leaned against the door frame.

"I know you're lying to me, and the fact that you jump at the slightest movements makes it hard to believe that he's a good Alpha."

I remain silent, staring at the crimson red carpet underneath my feet. It looked like ribbons of blood had been sewn together, dowsed in glue, and thrown onto the floor.

A sigh left Jace and he started to move towards me. Out of instinct, I flinched and moved to my cover my face as I saw his hand draw back.

I tensed and waited for the strike to come. Every second that passed killed me a little more on the inside.

'What is wrong with me? Why can't I just be good like everyone else?'

After what seemed like forever, I felt a soft touch on the arm shielding my face. I flinched back in shock, trying my best not to whimper and cower away.

I slowly opened my eyes after a moment of silence took over the room, I hadn't realized I'd closed them.

Jace stood before me, a heartbroken look on his face while he looked down at me. He took a small step towards me, gently bringing his hand up to cup my cheek.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement, 'why didn't he hit me?'

"I will never ever hit you. Any man or woman that hits a defenseless person for no reason, deserves to be put in jail. I will never hurt you like these bastards." He said, pulling me to his chest and holding me in his arms.

"B-but why n-not? I d-deserve it." I whispered into his chest, tears pooling in my eyes.

"No, you don't. No one deserves to be beat senseless just because the bully is mad and needs a punching bag. You don't deserve it."

He stroked my hair and whispered comforting words in my ear, rubbing small circles into my back.

We stood in a comfortable silence, and I found myself hoping we wouldn't be interrupted.

For once, I don't have to be in fear of someone randomly coming to take their anger out on me.

"You'll always be safe with me, I swear on my late mate's grave, you'll always be protected."

************