O_o Chapter Nineteen: Apologies Are For The Dead Pt. 2

O_o Chapter Nineteen: Apologies Are For the Dead Pt. 2

Jace's P.O.V

************
RECAP

"We were inseparable. Even the first time he hit me, I still thought I was so in love with him. I thought that I'd deserved, that it was my fault for making him mad. I convinced myself that it was what I deserved, you know? That he was doing the right thing by punishing me every night.

"I dove deeper into depression when I was alone, but of course, I told myself I deserved it. This became routine for me. Wake up before him, make him breakfast, get beat for making it wrong. Get dressed, set his clothes out, get beat for forgetting something. Go to work, come home, rush to make dinner before he came back, got beat again for either burning something or not cooking it all the way.

"You know, he was very particular on how he wanted things done. He would want it a certain way, and would force me to do it even if I didn't want to. Surprisingly, he never pressured me into sex. That was the one thing I could keep to myself until I was ready for that.

"It was perfect. Until one night. I could tell that he'd been getting restless and impatient, but I never thought he would cheat on me. Never thought he could be that low, at the time at least. I never expected to walk in on him and the school slut going at it on our bed." I paused to take a deep breath as tears spring to my eyes.

This is always the hardest part to think about.

"I never thought he would laugh in my face while they....finished up. I didn't think he would climb off her and drag me to the living room so she could take a nap. I never expected him to try to....try to....rape me."
************

FLASHBACK

"I'm tired of waiting babe." Calvin said, looking at me with that smirk on his face.

The one knew would make me give in.

"I can see that...." I snapped. My eyes widened as I realized the mistake I'd just made, "C-Cal, I'm sorry. I-I d-didn't m-mean I-"

A slap to my cheek cut me off.

"Watch your mouth when you're talking to me! You know that, dammit." He yelled, his fists curled in on themselves.

"I know, I know. Babe, I'm sorry." I pleaded, begging for him to forgive me.

"I'm sorry too." He whispered.

My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, "sorry?"

"For what I'm about to do." He said, casually looking at his nails.

I turned and bolted for the front door, hoping to get away. I made it about three steps before I was tasked to the ground. I was dragged back and flipped over, then a fist came crashing into my face.

My head hit the tiled floor, ripping open and oozing blood.

I groaned in pain and clawed at my head, "Cal....please....don't do....this."

My only response was a laugh as I was flipped once more, "you're so pathetic."

As he dragged me to the wooden staircase, I knew he was right. I watched a smeared trail of my blood follow as he dragged me up the first step, sinking into the claw marks I'd left in the floor.