Second Chance Mate

Second Chance Mate

"I, Spencer Austin Smith, soon to be alpha of the Silver Bear Tribe, reject you, Austin Justine Stephens, as my mate and soon to be Luna of this pack."

Tears streamed down my face as I stared down at the floor. I didn't have to see his face to know what I would see in his eyes. I could feel the disgust rolling off him in waves.

I slowly turned towards the door and pulled it open. I stood there for a moment, staring at the wall before me as I hesitated. I glanced behind me, my lungs damn near collapsing as my tears began to fall faster.

"I, Austin Justine Stephens, accept your, Spencer Austin Smith's, rejection as your mate and soon to be Luna of your pack."

I ran down the hallway, passing on lookers that sent me disgusted snarls. I briefly caught sight of his face in the mirror of nearby classroom, a hint of surprise and regret glinted his eyes.

I shook my head and continued my retreat, embarrassment stinging my cheeks and suffocating my heart.

********

Austin Justine Stephens is the son of the Silver Bear Tribe's Beta, Alvin Stephens. His father's title should have every pack member falling at his feet, but there's one problem. Despite his family's high status, Austin is an Omega.

Austin is mistreated not only because of his personal status, but also because of a series of unfortunate events.

His mother died giving birth to him, resulting in everyone blaming the said child; Austin.

Shunned by all, he anxiously waits for his eighteenth birthday so his mate can take all of his pain away. He breathes for the day his mate finds him, believing that he would be protected.

In this case, that is far from the truth. We all know how cruel fate can be.

His mate, Spencer Austin Smith, immediately rejects him, humiliating him in front of the entire school. As these books go, with a bit of help he runs away from his pack, and takes his brother (Jared Alexander Stephens, who is nine) with him. He leaves only a single note for his father, explaining why they had to go.

Once gone, he starts to get closer to a certain furry Alpha, changing their lives forever.

Maybe fate isn't so cruel, maybe there is something greater in store for our little Austin.