Chapter Eleven: Welcome Home

Dedicated to @CharliFinch for the beautiful new cover for this storyIt's greatly appreciated, and your work is amazing!!

********

Chapter Eleven: Welcome Home

Austin's P.O.V

********

RECAP

After minutes of listening to his steady heartbeat, I was lulled to sleep by the sound of it. Not to mention the soothing warmth he was constantly giving off, heat was always my weakness.

I yawned and felt my eyes begin to droop closed.

I curled into his chest and wrapped my arms around his chest, as his wound themselves around my waist.

With one last giggle, I fell into a very comfortable sleep. I was just about knocked out when I heard Jace speak again.

"The only thing that could ever and will ever be beautiful in this cold, cruel world of ours is you Austin....it will always be you."

********

I felt my body being shaken and heard a whisper of a voice. I couldn't hear what was being said, but I wanted it to be quiet.

Sleep is such a precious thing, it can't be interrupted by pestering folks.

I tried to block out the voice, even tried to push away the hands shaking me. Believe me I did, but, try as I may, try as I might, the persistent shaking woke me up.

I groaned and yawned, stretching out my tired limbs.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, with a frown on my face, and cracked them open slowly.

I regretted it as soon as I did.

The very bright sunlight nearly blinded me, causing me to whine and quickly shut them tight.

I leaned back, trying to get as far away from the sun as I possibly could. It was then I realized I couldn't get very far, there was a very warm wall behind me.

I tensed, where the hell am I and why can this wall breathe!?!

"Look who's finally awake." The wall spoke.

I giggled to myself and turned my head to side, only to come face to face with Jace.

I remembered getting in the car, the sunset, Jace's lap. I blushed and giggled again, burying my face in his neck.

"What are you giggling about babe?" He asked, looking down at me with fondness in his eyes.

"N-nothing." I sputtered in between giggles.

I was now playing with a loose thread on the beanie he was wearing. Now where did that come from?

Shrugging, I pulled at it with my teeth. I only succeeded in pulling the beanie off his head.

I playfully growled in frustration and grabbed the beanie with both hands. I pulled my head back and my arms away from me, maybe I could pull it out this way.

I pulled as hard as I could, smiling in joy when the thread popped off. I put the beanie back on Jace's head, but left the thread trapped between my teeth.