Chapter Ten: I Won't Let Anyone Take You Away From Me Austin

Austin's P.O.V

********

RECAP

My wolf whimpered in pain as we relived the pain of a knife carving into the side of our body. Imagine the pain you would feel while you were whipped with your own tail.

It was too excruciating.

Tears were the only form of relief we could have. It made us feel alright again, even for just a little while it was enough.

We lay there, sobbing together, a bond not only forged by man and wolf, but by friend and friend.

The strongest thing anyone could ever ask for.

********

"Austin!?" Someone yelled, running over to me.

I whimpered, cringing as someone approached me.

"Austin baby, what happened? Are you hurt?" I peeked up and saw Jace's teary-eyed face peering down at me.

I shot myself into my arms and cried into his chest. My arms were around the back of his neck, and my legs were around his waist.

He held me close, and slackened his grip when I whined in pain. We know it wasn't physical pain, but Jace didn't know that.

His hands hovered over my body as he inspected it to see if I was in any harm.

"Where does it hurt, baby? Show me where it hurts." He pleaded, pulling away from me so I could show him.

I grabbed his hand and placed it over my heart.

I stared at him with teary eyes, "I-I t-think it's b-broken...."

********

I explained to Jace in a quiet whisper everything that'd happened.

From me falling asleep, the noise, waking up, the note....the razor. I told him about the people's thought

He set me down and opened the driver's side door.

He tensed, reached in and grabbed the envelope containing the note and the razor.

He came back over to me and sat down. He pulled me onto his lap and gently pushed my onto his shoulder.

He kissed my cheek and then my forehead, "don't look, okay?"

I nodded my head and buried my face in his neck. I concentrated on the way he smelled so I wouldn't notice him opening the envelope and reading the note.

I nuzzled my face deeper into his neck so I could feel his skin rubbing against mine. That way I wouldn't notice how tense he was getting as he read line after line.

I gripped the fabric of his shirt between my fingers to remind me that he was still here. Maybe that would keep me from noticing the angry growls he kept letting out when he finished reading it.

I kissed his ear and hugged him tight, maybe I wouldn't hear the deep, feral growl he let out when he saw the razor.

Maybe I wouldn't notice how tight he was crumbling the pieces of paper in his hands.

I cried into his neck when he discovered the small strip of paper attached to the razor.

By now, the envelope was in shreds and the note was soon about to follow. Then I realized that sitting here crying would only make things worse for Jace.