Chapter Nine: The Road Towards Home

Please listen toGone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips, and Little Things by One Direction.

********

Chapter Nine: The Road Towards Home

Jace's P.O.V

**********

RECAP

Despite the people telling me that I was useless and didn't deserve to live, there was still at least one person who thought different, and that meant more to me than anything in the world.

My stomach filled with butterflies, it was in that moment, that my heart skipped a beat and did somersaults through my blood vessels.

He made me feel the one thing I had wished for since the night they told me my mother died. He made feel the one thing I thought I'd never feel again....the thing I craved more than food and water.

Love.

He makes me feel loved.

**********

After this realization, I kept quiet. A slight blush dotted my cheeks, giving away my embarrassment.

Instead of making fun of me, out loud, he only chuckled and began to stand.

He held his hand out for me to take, but I just stared at his long fingers. I gave him a confused look and cocked my head to the side.

"Where are we going?"

He let out a hearty laugh, nearly falling over with the force it took to try to rein it in.

"What?" I was so confused, was there something on my face.

I subconsciously rubbed a hand across my face. Other than the bruises and cuts, there was nothing there.

"Love, you truly are something." He calmed down to a chuckle, grabbing my hand and pulling up against him.

"We're leaving in twenty minutes, and I figured, why not put the suitcases in the car now. It'll save us a good three, five minutes later yeah?" He asked, a twinkling in his eyes.

His eyes were so blue and shiny, maybe he was a wizard in another life.

Yeah. That would explain why his eyes look like he took a piece of the night sky, on an almost starless night, and placed it on his eyes.

They were a very deep blue, kind of like a navy blue, but with a hint of a rich dark purple swirl.

He was definitely a wizard. How else would someone obtain such perfect eyes that, might I add, even twinkle in the dark?

Wizard was the only logical excuse.

"Yes Mr. Wizard sir." I mock saluted him, almost stabbing my out.

I might've miscalculated my salute, and I might've been off by a full three centimeters to the left of my right eye.

Key word being: might've.... okay fine. I did.