Chapter 1 .

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim .

" what about bloody curtains ? " - Stephanie asked while taking my measurements .

" No , "- I straightened my neck .

" Bloody Chicken ? " - she attempted again .

My eyes widened , " Don't you dare ruin it for me . "

" Fine , bloody ...I've got nothing else . "- she sighed jotting down measurements .

" I want the jacket to be the same colour as this hijab , " - I practiced my strutting .

" Calm down , you'll do great and I mean it ; you're an amazing model . " - she reassured .

" Aww thanks , " - I continued practicing .

" I'm ready for my measurements , Stephanie . " - Brianna walked in .

" Hi Pakeeza , "- she greeted .

" Hi Brianna , " - I responded . " I'm going to get ready . " - I took my bag and headed out of the company ; Stephakee Modelling Agency . As a Co-owner , it has been fun working with her .

I headed out and folded my hands as cold air hit me , shivering but continuing to head on .

I unlocked the car and drove to our apartment which was five miles away .
Hoping not to be tardy ;
I rushed inside , freshened up and changed my clothes as I placed my coat over it .

I stood in front of the mirror and pinned my hijab before dashing out back to the photoshoot .

Driving back with a sigh as I saw Stephanie nod at me . I arrived on time .

I took off the coat and stood beside the bridge with my arms opened and my long blue frozenlike gown blowing in the wind.

I changed my pose after I heard the camerawoman snap the shot .

I turned to face her with my eyes directed to the side and walked for about two steps before I froze .

They continued snapping lots of pictures until they had enough for the month .

I've never been more happier , to think I , the sister of Shayari Cruz and the daughter of Miss . Angelina Lee would ever fulfill my dream of modelling in Hijabi clothes made by my best friend ; Stephanie .

" You were brilliant , " - she hugged me .

" Thanks , I love your dress by the way . It was comfortable wearing it . " - I complimented her back .

" You can go and change now , "- she directed me to a room to change .

I got out to see Stephanie arguing with a suited man .
Wondering what was wrong , I took careful steps as I approached them .

" Oh and who is this beauty ? " - I moved back while Stephanie stood between us .

" Back off Martins * gestures to hijab * she's off limits . " - she took his hand and threw it to his side .

" Hmm , she's a Muslim I see . Well where did you get her ? " - he stepped back .

"None of your business , " - she held my hand and began walking away .

" You leave England to live in a small town like Spring Falls in America then come back with a lovely woman and you expect me not to ask ? "- he smirked knowingly .

So he did know , what was the use of asking then ?

" Are you cruising for a bruising ?
( Are you asking for a punch ? ) " - I asked trying very hard to calm down . I calmed down even more after I remembered my sister telling me never to hit someone in the face as Prophet Mohammed pbuh had instructed .

" What did she just say ? "- he asked with a raised brow .

" She said you better shut your mouth or you'll be asking for a nice beating . "- Stephanie answered angrily " and I don't want to ever see you close to her again or else ... "- she got me into the car and drove off mumbling things to herself .

" You see how bloody annoying he can be ! " - her hand went through her hair .

" I brought you here with a promise to your family to protect you always Pakeeza and for the last two years , I've been protecting you and I'll continue to do that which means stay away from from Brooke Martins . "- she huffed .

" Would you like a bottle of city juice ( water ) ? " - I offered .

" Thank you , " - she immediately gulped it down then sighed as I burst into laughter .

" What's so funny ? " - she asked in between laughs .

First , you remind me of my sister .

" Because you looked like you wanted to give him a knuckle sandwich ( a punch in the face ) . "- I replied having a sip of city juice myself .

" Well I did , "- she laughed taking a left turn .

" Oh and my brother is coming to stay with us for a while , just from dawn and I assure you . He'll leave before you even wake up . "- she parked in our garage .

" No ~ , "- I whined . I don't really like befriending men but Stephanie's brother makes it a valid point . He's so annoying !

" I'm sorry , " - Stephanie pouted .

" Fine but no offense , he should stay away from me . "- I got inside and went ahead to change into a comfortable outfit as I tied my hair with a scarf .

" I'm making rice , would you have some ? " - I yelled on my way to the kitchen .

" Yes , thank you ! " - she responded heading out .

Fifteen minutes later I was done with everything and headed to the dinning to have my meal .

*******

" What do you think of this sketches ? " - she handed me about a dozen .

" Love this , no , too much cleavage , love , hate , too tight , love love ,love . "- she repeatedly nodded before taking back the sketches .

" Noted , I'll make some alterations . " - she already began .

" Why do you dislike that Brooke guy anyway ? " - I asked nudging her shoulder .

" Because he's our rival . " - she simply replied

" That isn't a valid reason if you ask me . "-

" Well not only that , he has no respect at all for women and I despise him for that . Can you believe he asked Brianna for a favor before hiring her in his company . You started a year ago . You jerk ! Luckily she refused and decided to work for us . "- she breathed heavily when she saw she had ruined her sketch .

" That felt good , didn't it ? " - I asked smiling .

" It kind of did . "- she smiled back .

" We have a fashion show in three days from now so you should be prepared , " - she informed .

" Decently Fashionable , I like the sound of your new collection . " - I helped her with her sketches .

A/N
Assalamualaikum ,

Wow , I can't believe she decided to be model . Wow .

So yeah ,

Strut .

Pose .

Strut .

This is an inspiration from " when I finally step out " but can be read as a stand - alone if you'd like .

Thanks for reading . May Allah relief you of your burdens . Ameen .