Chapter 8 .

A Week Later .

" You sure you're okay ? " - Damien asked for the millionth time .

" No you are not , "- Stephanie cut me off on my path of lying . " She literally screams every night ." - she added unapologetically .

" Yesterday was quiet , wasn't it ? " - I defended myself .

" Fine * chuckles and puts a few paper works away * I called the hospital and the man is still in a slight coma , hopefully he will wake up soon and go back to his family . "- he announced with a sad looking face .

" Damien ask her where she went that day ? " - Stephanie stopped working and sat next to me to talk to Damien on the video call .

" ...I went to buy groceries , a hijab and that lavender dress I got you ! "- I answered not ready to talk about the canteen .

" And you used that whole time to ..." - I cut Damien off .

" Don't you guys dare interrogate me with your very stern british accents for curtains sake !" - I smiled .

That boy looked at me in amusement as I got up to pick up a snack .

" Anyway , B.A. news has called for an interview with her about the incident last week . "- Stephanie announced .

" That's great News , get it ? " - He asked proudly .

I run to the kitchen as fast as I can and threw a tomato on the tablet .

" Boo~ , get off the stage ! " - I screamed in between laughs when the tomato literally split open and just splashed on the screen rolling down in a disgusting way .

Damien screamed squinting his face in disgust . " Pakeeza you make me physically ill ! " - he screamed almost ending the call immediately .

I burst out laughing uncontrollably until Stephanie out of no where threw something which also splashed on my face .

" Ewwwww, " - I cleaned my face with my hand and ran to the kitchen .
" What was that for ! " - I screamed when my face became clear from all the tomato guts .

" That's how my tablet feels , " - she replied looking pretty angry .

" I'm sorry , "- I whispered heading up the stairs to my room .

" Pakeeza , " - I heard her call my name in a whisper .

" Don't worry , I'll be back after my Maghrib prayer . " - I replied with a forced smile and headed on.

*******

Three hours later ,

I finished the last ayah of my Qur'an reading and got off my bed to open the door but nobody was there except a line of rose petals leading Downstairs .

I could ignore this and keep them waiting or I could just go in there and see what they are up to ... Hmm~

I will take the third option , make them knock on my door for two more times .

Happily satisfied , I slowly closed the door and giggled .

Three minutes later , the second knock came . I ignored it as planned and waited for the third knock which came like nine minutes later but with more aggression .