Chapter 29 .

Damien's POV .
That Morning .

Raid and I are rushing to the chief's office to show him what was sent to me this morning .

" Brooke is playing a dangerous game . " - I mutter .

" oh , he knows . I'm sure he has a plan . " - Raid replies rubbing his chin .

" So you have any idea what his next plan could be ? " -I ask taking a left turn towards the department .

" I'm not sure , let's just solve what he has given us and maybe I might be able to predict his next move .

Right now my mind is full of worry . I mean is he hurting her now ? Has she eaten ? Is she okay ? Goodness Brooke I promise you this that the day I lay my hands on you , you'll regret ever looking at Pakeeza's way .

I park and car and head on inside with Raid .
We both nod to Rahmat as she reciprocates it .
She follows suit as we head into the chief's office .

" Something has popped up , chief . " - Raid informs passing my phone over to the chief .

* silence *

" So what's your next plan with this new information ? " - He asks Raid and I while he gives the phone to Rahmat .

" Right now , we just have to solve the riddle and bust him . " -Raid responds .

" ........ They are at Linton  , " - Rahmat mumbles .

The three of us simultaneously turn to look at her surprised .

" What ? " - she shrugged .

" H-how ? " - The shock easily being detected from my tone because believe me , I have been trying to solve that riddle eight hours ago to no avail and she just glances at it and solves it without any sweat .

I come back to my senses and nod at the chief before heading back with Rahmat and Raid .

We get into the car and head over to Linton .
I put on my seatbelt preparing myself for the five hour drive to Linton village .

" How did you figure it out Rahmat ? " - I ask maybe the most intelligent girl among the three of us but unfortunately we might not get to work with her as much as I want because she is known to work only with the female officers so her even riding with us is a first .

" sickly as he may be ,
He was the brain child of Emily "

" Haven't you guys read Wuthering Heights before ? "-

" No ... why , should we ? " - Raid asks .

" No but in the story Linton was the sickly child of Heathcliff and Issabella plus the book was written by Emily Brontë " - she narrates .

" Wow , that's pretty cool " - I turn on the siren to escape this traffic . " Thank you for going with us . I know you don't like working with men but if I may ask , why though ? " -

" The men in this department have humongous egos and don't like taking advice from a female . Too proud I guess aside from that on a personal and religious level , I feel more comfortable working with females . " she gives a tight smile .

" Hmmm , " - Was the only thing I could utter. I understood her . She could be feeling uncomfortable right now like how Pakeeza could be feeling uncomfortable around Brooke .

" I've got something but I'm not sure weather it's accurate . Brooke has a house around here . Very deep into the village if I may say " - Raid interrupts continuing to type on his laptop .

" Do you think we can make it ? " -

" * sigh *I don't really know what's on Brooke's mind right now but all I know is that these clues will be his downfall . " - he nods . " We just need to step on it , " -

I turn to find Rahmat quietly staring outside through the window .

Stepping on accelerate , I quicken my pace as the rest of the team seem to have their own minds occupied with thoughts . 

*******

That Evening  .

We each get down the car bringing out our weapons as we head towards the dark and quiet house .

On the outside , it's looks pretty tranquil —-almost normal .

Raid and I face each other beside the door with our torchlights as we nod thrice to each other before simultaneously breaking the door down with our legs .

The three of us split up as we check the whole house but unfortunately there's

Nothing ...

Just darkness...

Rahmat disappointedly turns on the light illuminating the whole place .

And with my own eyes I saw two used plates in the kitchen and in the hall multiple pictures of an unconscious Pakeeza all over the floor .

I'm sure it's Brooke's way of mocking me .
With my fist clenched I took one of the pictures in a way happy to know that she is still alive .

Rahmat calls the department later to send forensics to the place to analyse some items .

The clue wasn't some trap or anything , he was right , they were here and the fact that I might have missed them by just minutes taunted me . I've lost her again . Brooke : 2 , Damien : 0

Amidst the turmoil in my head I'd never felt so shook until I heard the next words to come out of Rahmat's mouth .

"You two aren't real detectives , are you ? "-

A/ N

Rahmat seems cool ...