Chapter 15 .

Damien's POV .

I was busy in the kitchen preparing breakfast for Pakeeza before she wakes up .

After placing everything on a serving tray , I covered it up and went upstairs to take my bath .

I took out the clothes I'll be wearing from my luggage and sprayed myself before leaving for downstairs .

" What time is it ? " - she rubbed her eyes .

" * Looks at watch * almost 12 " - I answered . " Please get ready I want to take you somewhere . "

She raised an eyebrow .

" And yes I know my limits , don't worry . " - I smiled .

" I'll be down soon to prepare breakfast , I don't know how come I overslept like that . "

You haven't been able to sleep these past few days Pakeeza , that's why .

" I made breakfast . " - I stated pointing to the dinning table .

" ... Thank you . " - she ran upstairs .

* Ring , Ring *

" How is she ? "

" She's doing great , sis . "

" Hope you haven't done anything stupid . " -

" A , oh how are you doing dear brother , hope I'm not bothering you with balancing everything . "

" Because I know you're okay , she's the new one ."

" That didn't hurt at all "

" Ughhh , stop distracting me . I want you to help keep her mind off of things , recent incidents have really been taking a toll on her . "

" Yeah , I'm guessing that's why she has been working non stop ever since."

" Please protect her till I return . "

" Of course , Pakeeza is dear to me . "

" Anyway , mum said it has been long since you called so do that . Bye ! "

* Sigh *

I went to sit down playing the new game my company is working on to see if I can make any improvements on it.

The sound of the chair being moved made me look up .

" Oh you're ready . "- I placed my phone down .

" Let's dine then , " - she sat down on the opposite side of the table since I think it's what she would have preferred .

I took a bite from my toasted bread looking up to see her nod in satisfaction on taking her own bite.

My heart leaped , happily focusing on my own food .

*******

" Hi , " - Brianna waved when we arrived at the shelter .

" Hi , " - the two ladies hugged.

" What are we doing here ? " Pakeeza asked looking confused .

" I don't know , Damien didn't tell me . " - Brianna responded . They both turned to look at me .

" Guess what , we are here to volunteer to give monkeys a shower ! " - I jazz hand trying to make it look more fun .

They both burst into fits of laugh.

" Come on , they're not going to bath themselves . " - I guided them to a room where we could bath them .

I opened the door to find monkeys in basins .