Chapter 38 .

Damien's POV .
That Evening .

Presently  , we are heading to the empty one room  apartment where Brooke kept Pakeeza hostage .

And instantly , we are hit with a heat wave just as the woman had described the place .

I left Raid and Rahmat to go to the space of the room that seemed to look like a kitchen .
It didn't look like it had been used frequently though .  Has she been eating at all ?

* sigh *

I turn around and look at this congested place and just can't possibly imagine Pakeeza in this place .

However on my way out , I notice something  red in a pot . A cooking pot . And it seems to strike me due to its oddity .

Hmm ... I  decide to walk  into the tiny space to check it out and I'm shocked .

It was a writing of the location but of the first one .

" Rahmat , Raid ... you guys got to see this " - they rushed in .

" We'll right now , I'm confused . We have two locations now and we know for sure that one of them is to throw us off but then * sigh * which one is the right now . " - she turned to look at the both of us and took out her phone .

At this moment , I'm sure she was calling for the forensic team .

Raid and I continued to search the house until Rahmat called us from outside .

*******

Now in the car .

" We have to split up , and I don't know how . You guys should decide . " - she stares at me .

I would like to go with Raid but I'm still uncomfortable when I'm around him and sure , Rahmat could a bit of security in case of anything .

" I'll go alone . " - I respond noticing how conflicted Raid was regarding the decision .

" Sure , we don't have that much time but Raid and I are going to Lasley port while you go to Octavian port .  Each of us are going to snoop around to get any information .  " -

" ok ... " -

" And oh - Dammy  , don't get caught . For all we know the manager could be an accomplice .  " -  I understand my mission and wait for them to drop me off at Octavian port .

" You can do this . " - Raid encourages .

" We can do this . " - I smile and fist bump him  .

I get down and head to the office looking for the manager immediately .

" Hello , " - I greet the teenage boy I see .
" Do you work here  ? " - he nods as I ask for the directions to the manager's office .

I walk along the wooden path enjoying the sea view and numerous boats and ships of all variety .

* knock , knock *

" Come in , " - I hear from the inside . Obeying the response , I enter to greet the middle aged man  .
He offers me a seat and I gladly relax my tensed body when i finally get comfy in the chair .

" How may I help you ? " -

" Yeah , I wanted to book a yacht that could sail to Puerto Rico ? " -
"But then again  i was wondering if any yacht could actually reach Puerto Rico on its own . " -

" Not really however our ships are the best so you need not worry but then again you will need a ton of food supplies and water but then if you'll take my advice  , taking a plane will be faster if you ask me .  "- the manager laughs clearly amused .

" Yes , I know . It's just that . The wife and I need some time alone . " - he smiles obviously believing my lie .
" And by the way , you are talking as if I'm not the only one doing this . " -

" Yes actually , there's this man who also came here on Wednesday asking the same thing . " -

" oh ! " -

He hands me pictures of all the yachts I might need  .
I intentionally reject all of them and gladly watch him get out to get more .

I get up to check whether  he's actually gone and start to search through his drawers .

I need the payment records ...

Payment records ...

After a hard search , I finally locate the notebook containing all his day to day transactions and take pictures specifically of all Wednesday' s transactions .

I take about five pictures and find myself back in my seat , just in time for  the manager's arrival .

I subtly clean the sweat that has accumulated on my forehead as he takes his own seat .

" I'm sorry sir but you'll have to come back tomorrow to check out the other yachts if that's ok with you .  The other pictures are not really available at the moment ." -

I smile .
You don't know how ok I feel about the supposed unfortunate situation .

" Don't worry , I'll just stop by tomorrow . " - I get up , give him one more handshake and head on out . Proud of my accomplished mission .

Without hesitation , I take my phone from my back pocket and call Rahmat .

*******

Friday .

" ok —- this is what we are going to do now . I'm splitting up the team . Half will go to Octavian port while the other half goes to Lasley port . " - she states drawing the map out on the centre table .

" But then which team will we be a part of . " - Raid asks .

" Octavian port , I'm certain that's the exact location but I just don't want to take any chances .  " -

The distance between the two ports is eight miles making it a bit difficult .

" Don't worry , if we manage to see Brooke , we'll just have to call the other half of the team to come there or vice versa . " - My guess for the reply was that she noticed the worried expressions on our faces .

" Since we now know that , Brooke will be leaving at eight . * glances at her watch * and it's already half past six , let's move guys .  We don't have much time to lose . We'll continue to discuss the rest of the plans in the car ." - we each take our backpacks and head outside .

The determined look on our faces make me realise how crucial this whole thing is .

This is it .

This night is going to determine whether we get Pakeeza back or lose her forever ...

A/N

How do you think the night is going to turn out ?