Chapter 9 .

I was backstage being prepped for the interview .

" You'll be up in five minutes , " - a man announced outside my door .

" Ok , "- I replied with a smile .

I got up to straighten my royal blue dress and gold colored hijab .

" Hi , Pakeeza ~ "- I heard someone call , I turned and found Damien looking at me with a smirk .

" Oh , look who owns a suit . " - I teased finishing the last touch of my hijab .

" I'll take that as a compliment , thank you . " - he walked up to me and sat down on the seat next to me .

" What are you doing here ? "- I asked glancing over his suit . I turned back to my phone five seconds later to check out my mails .

" Oh --- you look so good , Damien . " - he complimented himself in a high pitched voice .
I turned to him with laughter dancing in my eyes .
" Ok , I actually came here for you . " - he began styling his buzz cut hair .

" Me ? "

" It was either me or Brooke Martins , "- he raised an eyebrow .

" Oh ... thank you for that , it would have been very uncomfortable . " - I began applying mascara again .

" * Sigh * women and make - up ! " - he remarked .

" Well that wasn't rude at all , " - I got up and packed pepper spray somewhere hidden in my bag .

" Don't care , anyway Stephanie has asked you to come to the office today for the next fashion week or something like that . "-

" thanks . "-

" three minutes ! "- the same man came again to announce .

" And I spoke to Brianna today , "- he played with his hair .

" And ? " - I hid a smirk by intentionally looking for a non - existing thing in my purse .

" I was able to talk to her and managed to exchange numbers . "- he continued .

" And ... Did you get the courage to text her ? "- my lips and cheeks tingling with amusement .

" Look who's talking , the woman who doesn't have a single number belonging to a male specie . "- he remarked with audacity .

" Ha ha ha I'm rolling on the floor in laughter . " - I surpressed the urge to roll my eyes .

" You seriously don't have ... Hahahahaha , " - he fist pumped the table repeatedly .

" cut the gas , ( quiet down ) " - I threw a bottle of lotion at him .

" Oh ... Wait , I didn't know we had a car parked in here or is it invisible . "- he gasped searching for the car he knows doesn't exist .

" You make me physically ill ! " - I whisper yelled walking out of the room to leave before he decides on another joke .

" Yeah , use me as a meme now , why don't you ! " - he threw his arms all around walking behind me .

" It's time , glad you're both ready . " - the man from earlier announced the third time .

We shook our host's hand before taking our seat .

The music sounded at the background while the crew ran to take their places . The host straightened up her posture , placed on a smile and folded her hands on her lap ready to begin tonight's show .

" Good evening and welcome to British Action News , this is your host Abigail Mathews . Welcome once again ! "

As you have all viewed or read about the recent viral video going around of the co -owner of Stephakee Modelling Agency , Miss . Pakeeza Cruz .