Chapter 6 .

Ghufraanaka .

I got out of the bathroom and quickly changed into an oversized sweater and yoga pants .

Rushing to tie my hair , I almost slipped involuntarily doing the split .
I hope I haven't torn my pants .

Alhamdulilla , it hadn't .

I put on my hijab and dashed to the top floor where the gym room was located in this four bedroom house .

I breathed heavily full of joy when I saw it was empty .

I rushed to the treadmill and began exercising .

Five minutes later , I heard footsteps approaching the room .

" I know you just started training , Pakeeza . "- how did she know ?

" No comment , "- I laughed .

" You have been eating chicken as though there was no tomorrow , you're are going to drain all the fat in your body by the time you leave this room . "- she treathened getting on the treadmill beside me .

" But the interview is not until next week . "- I whined . I really love food and I mean all kinds except pork related foods since they are Haram ( forbidden ) .

" Exactly , " - she place her earbuds in and completely ignored me .

" What you're doing is absolutely wrong , ignoring someone like that . And a friend at that , "- * sigh * why do I even bother , she can't hear me .

I shook my head and continued running .

Two hours later .

" I'm going to prepare fruit salad for the both of us . " - she took of her earbuds and left .

I stopped to drink some city juice ( water ) and mostly to catch my breath .

Too much running , let me do some stretches and for curtains sake , is the fan even on !

I would have worn something more breathable but I don't know what actually goes through Damien Winchester's head .

Walking ahead , I turned on the air condition .

I tried to slip so I could do the split again but I just couldn't , my other leg wouldn't bend .

Giving up , I got up to lay on the bench and maybe fall asleep so that Stephanie wouldn't have any other choice but to leave me alone for the day .

" What are you doing here ? " - I asked Damien who had just barged in .

" Sorry , I thought this place was empty . " - he got on the treadmill and began exercising as well .

" I don't believe you , " - I almost whispered fighting with my body and mind on whether to wake up or not .

" I'm serious , I thought you were helping Stephanie in th kitchen . " - he replied .

Alhamdulilla that he decided to wear a reserved outfit .

I closed my eyes right after and began dozing off .

" What's your take on crushes ? " - he made me open my eyes with such abruptness , it almost woke me up .

" And where from such a question ? " - I asked amused , why am I though ?

" Just answer the question grandma , " - he replied .

" What's your bag ( what's your problem ) ! In fact I don't have a single regret for wearing granny pajamas . "-

" Why would you , you're a total grandma yourself . "- he retorted , I could see his cheeks rise from where I was lying .

" Well I believe everyone has a weird liking for something . What's yours ? "- I tightened my emerald scarf a bit .