Chapter 35 .

Pakeeza's POV .

" Why do you think you can continue starving yourself like this ? "-

"Because I know I will never trust you . " - he pulls a blanket over me .

" And you think killing yourself will prove that ? " -

" If that's what it will take to get away from you . " -

I wince from the bruise on my rib with my uneasiness and discomfort from sleeping on the hard mat .

Tears welling up in my eyes .

" Pakeeza don't , I've gotten tired of you crying all the time . " -

" Look at what you've done to me . " -  I gesture to the bruises on my face , my arms ... " You've been hurting me and you think it's love ? " - I pull the blanket off me .
I didn't know what he was thinking , because I don't know if he kept hitting me to subdue me or ...

" Those are your fault . You wouldn't love me . " - he stated and left the untidy and congested place .

My breathing becomes heavy rendering me unable to move any further . I lie back down .

" At least I'm not the reason you have this fever . " - he knelt down beside me and starts soothing my temperature with the cloth he has soaked in water .

" I — " -

" Stop talking , Pakeeza . You need the strength ok ? Plus we have a long  journey ahead of us .

" What are—- " -

" I said keep quiet . " - he touched my lips to keep me quiet . " * sigh * you see how dry your lips are now , you need to take your bath and eat , you stubborn woman ! " -

I weakly pushed his fingers off as it landed back at my side with a slump from my weakness .

" I'm never going to take my bath with you around . " - I whisper while he took my hand to soothe with the water and cloth .

" I just don't get why you still don't trust me . Even though I don't believe in what you believe , we are going to get married soon , and I've even tolerated you wearing that thing on your head all the time ." -

" I will never marry you , you psycho . " - I whisper once more .

" You are sick Pakeeza , so be careful of what you say . " his hands tightening on my wrist .

" Arghhh , you are hurting me ~ " - I cry out , hot tears spewing from my eyes .

" Do you think , I can't just take off that hijab you've been wearing ? Because I can ... but I love you , can't you see that I'm trying ! " - he yells spilling the bucket on the floor wetting the mat with me on it .

" I'm going to get someone to treat you , you better make sure you take your bath and eat and spill anything to the person and I'll make sure you watch me kill someone this time around . " he holds my neck and brings it close to his face . Every air used to utter a word evident from it being felt on my face .

He lets me go right after , barges out and slams the door .

Ya Allah , if this is a test from you I accept but give me the courage and endurance to go through this .