Chapter 30 .

Damien's POV .

I might not have heard her right . Maybe it was in my head . I gave a side glance to Raid and found him with the same facial expression —- shock .

Oh no ... I did hear it right .

" W-What would make you say that ? " - I asked with a laugh trying to play it off as a joke .

She kept quiet and stared at Raid .

" You know the department is not made of fools , right ? " - she keeps staring at Raid who stares back at her blankly .

" We know . " - I respond , gaining back my confidence .

" Then why would you come into the department and act like detectives , this is a serious case and not a joke ! " - her glare at me this time .

" Neither is it to us , Rahmat . " - Raid replies .

" * sigh * I'm sorry but I would have to report the two of you to the chief . " - she shakes her head disappointedly .

" And you think he doesn't know ? " - Raid once again replies her .

" What ?! " - she exclaims but unfortunately for her we hear the siren which interrupts this whole thing .

We each keep quiet as we direct the forensic team to the scenes that need to be analysed .

We finish up with everything and head for the car .

The silence and tension very detectable . I decide to not talk and head to the accommodation the Linton police department had given us .

*******

We get down from the car and head inside , The keys in my hands as I jingle it . I open it and the rest join me later in the plush looking house .

" What do you mean the chief knows ? " - the expected question is finally asked .

" He just wanted to help us , Rahmat . " - I reply relaxing in one of the grey sofas .

" That's not how we help someone . " - She adamantly insists .

" Why , because you think we are what - amateurs ? " - Raid asks as he also takes his seat .

" You don't get me do you ? You can get arrested if a higher authority finds out . I'm actually worried about you two dumdums ! " - she yells finally taking her seat .

" Well , we will be fine as long as you keep quiet and help us find Pakeeza . " -I state revelling in the comfort of the sofa .

" ... fine , just improve on your acting skills . Not everything you watch on television is true . " - she looks at us judgementally .

Raid and I just kept quiet and avoided her gaze .

Soon I hear foodsteps heading out .

" I'll see you two in the morning . " she jingles the keys to us and heads out .

We quietly wait to hear the car drive away before ...