Chapter 27 .

Damien's POV .

*Ding *

I kept on hearing until I finally gave up and checked on phone .

Unlocking it half asleep , I opened messages and hmmed as I saw a video .

I groggily got up but all sleep vanishing from my eyes ,
when I saw the people in the video . I got off my bed ,put on sweatpants and went downstairs to Raid's room .

" Raid ! " - I honestly almost broke down the door with how vehemently I was knocking  .

" coming ! " - he screamed .
" This better be good  " - he says opening the door .

" of course it is , I mean why else would I be at your door at this time of the night " -
I push my way into the room and sit on his bed . I go to gallery and play the video .

Upon hearing the voices , he immediately sits by me .

*******

The video starts with Pakeeza's face which is evident of fear and sadness by the tears continuously wetting her cheeks .

" And that is all your fault , Damien  " - the camera now on Brooke's face .

The camera is now back on Pakeeza but she had curled herself up and trembling.

" You know , I found out today the reason why Pakeeza hasn't been mine all this while and guess who I found out was my obstacle . You Damien ! 
I treated her as a Queen and took her away because I thought your sister was the one brainwashing her about me but never in my wildest dreams would I have though it was you .
* sigh * let me tell you something , Pakeeza is mine and no one else's and as punishment let's play a game
* he seems to take his seat *
I'll give you a chance to find her , a clue will be given for sure but then there will consequences if you fail . So now ...
Damien Winchester , catch me if you can ... "

*******

" Were the two of you dating or something ? " - Raid asks me shocked .

" No , Muslims are not allowed to date . " -

" But you guys would have —- " -

" We don't have time to talk about this , we need to get to the chief's office . " - I get out of his room with my hand on my face thinking

This can't possibly be happening !

I get dressed , head onoutside to find Raid already in the car .

The whole car ride is awkwardly quiet because I don't know how Raid is taking everything in .  To be honest I was conflicted on whether I should be happy about it or not .

We greet old Frank on the way and then head on straight to chief's office but it was a surprise  when we found Rahmat still at her desk .

" You are still here ? " - I ask approaching her .

" Trying to get a lead on Miss . Pakeeza's case . " -

" At this time of the night ? " -

" I needed to get my mind off of something . " -

" Well , Mr . Damien just sent me a video we are going to analyse " - I took out my phone to show her . " We are going to the chief's office , you can join " - I nodded heading straight for the office .

Raid was already there when I got there so I just handed the phone to the chief , presumably Raid must have explained everything to him .

Two minutes later ...

" And he says he's going to send Mr . Damien a clue ? " - the chief asks skeptical .

" Yeah , but failing comes with a price  " - Raid responds .

" So all we can do right now is sit and wait for this Brooke guy to  send us clues to find him ? " -

" Unfortunately , chief . " - I reply with similar feeling of annoyance .
" Do you think you can get anything from the video , Rahmat ? " - he hands the phone to her .

" I'll try chief but it's very unlikely , the background is too dark to deduce any location and the place is too quiet , cancelling out any sound or voice . I mean you can only hear Brooke's voice at most . " -

" hmm ? " The chief plays with his mouth . " I guess we will have to wait for the clues but for the mean time kindly go through the video " -

" No problem , chief . " - Rahmat then heads out to her working station to begin work .

The both of us sit down .

" At least we now have a motive . " -

" Yes , unfortunately we are dealing we an obsessive subject " - Raid states staring at me .

" Even more dangerous , we must find her as soon as possible . Let's make sure that those clues he sends becomes his downfall . " -

" Yes chief ! " - We both agree in unison .

" But then ... how is this undercover thing going ? Hope you haven't done anything to endanger this operation because our lives are in line . * sigh * Your mom is a very conniving woman . " - he stares at me .

Now kindering the curiosity in me as to what my mother actually told the chief to help us go undercover .

" We have. We are taking precautions example ; we left Stephanie's apartment and made Daniel be Damien for a while so that he will be on the clear chief . " -

" Good , because I am afraid some of my men are suspicious of you guys' already . " - he warns  " thread carefully " -

A/N
Finally back after so long , my apologies but hopefully updates will be frequent now !