Chapter 40 .

Damien's POV .

" What have you been doing to her ?  " - I ask , anger surging all over me .
I lay her weak and pale body back down on the bed and head towards Brooke .

My sole purpose right now is to inflict as much pain as possible .

He runs away from me and heads out of the door .
I  then pick up my pace and jump on him punching every available surface of his face .

Unfortunately the boat unsteadily tips to the left getting me off of his body .

" Getting rid of me isn't going to be that easy .  " I see him drag a stick towards me .

With the noisy gunshot sounds I could hardly make out anything anyone said around me .

Whack  !

Aughh !

" This is it , Damien . This is where you die in my hands " -

I close my eyes and wait for the pain that awaits me but it doesn't so I open my eyes only to find Brooke unconscious on the ground and  Pakeeza holding a half broken vase .

" Are you okay now ? " - I wipe  the blood from my split lip .

" Damien ... " - she whispers my name with tears in her eyes .

" Why are you crying ? Everything is going to be okay now . " - I try to soothe her .

" I — I thought  I'd never see any of you guys again . " -

" Stop crying , Raid and Rahmat might have called back up by now , wait here . " -

She nods .

" I'm going to tie up the man in the room okay , I'll be back . " - I go back into the room to still find the man who went unconscious after one punch still on the floor .

I make sure he truly is unconscious then loosen a rope dangling at the top .

After tying his arms and legs together .

I smile .

He won't harm you again , Pakeeza .

I turn around ...

Tisck !

Tisck !

Tisck !

Tisck !

" Did you think you'd  actually get rid of me that easily . " - I glare at the man who had broken glass directed threateningly at Pakeeza's neck  .
" I mean , the girl is weak so I can't believe you thought just one blow will make me go unconscious like that . " -

" It's over Brooke , your men are all unconscious , you're alone now and backup will be arriving anytime soon .  " -

" And you think I care ! " - he yells giving Pakeeza a fright .

I start walking towards them carefully but I notice a smirk across his face .

There's something wrong .