Chapter 27

***CHRISTMAS SPECIAL***
Hey everyone, just wanted to come on here and wish you a very merry Christmas! It's been a very tough year, and I just wanted to say that no matter what we've been put through, we're going to make it! Take care everyone and enjoy this chapter :)

- Melanie <3

***
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were, I have not seen
As others saw

- Edgar Allan Poe

***
"Why on earth are Sunday's so boring?" Hallie complained as she sat by the fire.

"Well, I already said we could go out and prank Peeves or something," Fred began.

"And I heard you," she rolled her eyes. "That type of stuff gets boring as well."

"Well I don't see you coming up with any bright ideas miss sunshine."

Before she spoke again, Ginny walked over with a whole box of shortbread in her hands. Hallie began to sit up and peer over them, looking at how tasty they looked.

"They look nice don't they?" Ginny said, smiling at them. "Want one?"

"You don't even need to ask," Fred said, lifting three out at once.

"Oi!" Ginny said slapping his hand. "Don't eat them all you greedy git!"

Hallie laughed and thought of a fond memory. "Ginny do you remember during Christmas time you brought in so many slices of ginger bread?"

"Oh yeah," she nodded, beaming. "That was the year nearly everyone was snowed in because of the storm!"

"God that must've been a good two years ago now," Hallie said, reminiscing.

"I remember aiming two snowballs at Professor Snape's head and getting detention," Fred laughed. "Oh it was well worth it."

"I wish Hogwarts was as fun as it used to be," Fred sighed.

Hallie laughed, "Nearly every bleeding year something has went wrong so say goodbye to that idea."

"Well you can blame the ministry for that one," Ginny laughed.

"True," Hallie agreed.

"Now that you mention the day we were snowed in, how deep was it actually? 10 feet?" Fred asked.

"Freddy it was only 4 feet," Hallie laughed. "What part of the world did you go to? The North Pole?"

Ginny laughed. "It wasn't that bad, I missed a double of potions when the snow caved in."

"Imagine being locked in the Slytherin Common Room with Malfoy and everyone," Fred said with a disgusted look on his face. "The snow wouldn't be the only thing making the room cold in there."

Hallie laughed. "Poor Ana, she would've been stuck in there."

"Hallie where were you whenever it all happened?"

"I was packing up my things to go to the Burrow for Christmas," Hallie smiled. "G—" she paused, not wanting to speak his name. "Fred asked me to come over again."

"It's strange how at Christmas time we always want snow," Ginny said, paying attention to the flames spouting up the chimney. "When it comes, we don't care for it much."

"My sister and I used to love the snow whenever we were younger," Hallie smiled. "Over the years, I grew out of it though until eventually I was sick of the sight of it."

"I've always loved snow," Ginny added.

"We used to watch these things called movies," Hallie continued. "They were like motion pictures. You know the way you get moving photos?"