Chapter 6

This week's shoutout goes to wakabiabel - thanks for supporting my story!✨

New Hampshire, 5 years ago - The day before Hallie started at Hogwarts.

"Hey mum?"

"Yes, Hallie. You okay, love?"

"I was wondering if I could bring this to Hogwarts with me?"

She handed her mother a photo of a man dressed in plain jeans and a yellow champion hoodie. Her mother smiled at the picture, for it reminded her of a memory that happened long ago. His face was engraved with a smile, and he was holding Gracie's hand. She was wearing a plain denim skirt with a peach blouse and her hair was the identical colour and texture of Hallie's.

"Aw, of course," she smiled, "this was taken just after mine and your dad's first date. You keep it safe in this frame here. I was going to put a picture of them flowers I took the other day, but this photo is more important."

She handed Hallie the small wooden frame. Hallie smiled at this, staring at the photo that was safely inside of the frame.

"Thanks mum," she said, giving her a hug. "I'll go and put it in my suitcase for Hogwarts!"

"Good girl," she smiled at her again, and as Hallie turned away, a tear formed in her eye for a memory from long ago, can suddenly feel like yesterday.

***
5 years later, the image of her mother and father still remained at Hallie's bedside table alongside two other photos. One of her, Fred and George at the Yule Ball and one of just her and George, taken at the start of fifth year.

The cold month of November was coming to a close, and soon it would be the month for festivities. Hallie was both happy and bittersweet about this Christmas, for she would be spending it at the Burrow with George and the other Weasley's. She also knew that this would be her last Christmas with Fred and George still at Hogwarts.

As she finished with her tie, she slipped on her robes and grabbed her Magical Drafts and Potions textbook. While other people would've groaned at having double potions with Snape, Hallie did not mind at all.

"Parvati, do we have Herbology first?" Lavender asked as she braided her hair.

"Nope, sure we've got potions with the Slytherins," Parvati answered with slight disgust in her voice, "I can't wait until I drop it at the end of this year."

"Potions?" Lavender sighed, "you've got to be kidding me. The only good thing about that class is Malfoy."

"Malfoy?" Hallie questioned, surprised. She didn't think much of him, neither did Fred and George, "What is so good about him?"

"Hello, have you seen him? I mean, I'd snog him," she said, flicking her finished braid back.

"He's nothing but a coward," Hallie added. She had surprised herself in saying this, for she didn't really speak about people in front of Lavender Brown because she knew it would get straight back to them. This time, however, she didn't care.

"A really fit one."

"Watch what you say, or you'll make a new enemy with Pansy Parkinson and you don't want to get on her bad side," Parvati added, tying her brogues up.

"So you've been on her bad side then?" Lavender asked, "it mustn't have been very bad because you're still here."

"Oh I've only briefly seen it. In third year, I gave Draco a pen and she snapped it in half and threw it at me. The ink went all over my blouse. Malfoy just laughed."