Chapter 63

This weeks' shoutout goes to DoraTonksPotter

The months of March and April were manic for Hallie. To begin with, she continued to have meetings with Dumbledore which left her feeling extremely overwhelmed and frustrated due to the lack of answers. On top of that, she was studying for her upcoming NEWT exam which would be taking place this month. With regards to the riddle, Hallie sent letters back and forth to Fred and George to keep them updated on what she had figured out.

To say the past few months for Hallie had been extremely laborious was an understatement. Hallie felt completely angry at herself for not even mildly understanding what the riddle meant for her or her future. How had she once been so good at figuring these things out? Now, she'd lost some faith in herself. On the bright side, the weather was beginning to ease up, the flowers were beginning to get brighter, and people were happier. Hallie, on the other hand, couldn't wait until this term was over.

"Now, everyone, all the way back in first year I referenced incendio, which was the fire making charm," Flitwick squeaked at the front of the classroom. "I appreciate you're all very much half asleep as well."

Most of the class began to chortle with laughter as Professor Flitwick said this. The only people who seemed to be alert were Hermione, to nobody's surprise, and Hallie who's focus was fuelled with annoyance at herself.

"In charms, there is a counter curse for nearly every spell," he continued. "Could anyone please tell me what the counter curse for Incendio is?"

Hermione's robotic hand shot right through the air without a second thought. Flitwick smiled at her, impressed by her quickness and adept abilities. Harry and Ron chuckled at this, as they had been use to this side of Hermione for so long.

"The Extinguishing charm, sir," she said politely.

"Five points to Gryffindor Miss Granger, well done."

Hermione beamed towards Professor Flitwick. Hallie also thought she could've seen Ron smile at how happy she had become, then she looked away, not wanting to invade their moment.

"Now this charm is particularly useful for accidents, but will not extinguish the likes of fiendfyre. There is a particular counter charm for that—"

"Expugno muggletum," Hallie said quickly, before realising she hadn't been raised her hand. "Oh sorry Professor—"

"Great answer, Miss Blackwell! 10 points for Gryffindor I think," he smiled and continued. "The extinguishing charm is only useful for particularly minor incidents, like if you set your robes on fire accidentally."

A few people laughed at this.

"Hallie" she heard someone whisper. She turned around to see Harry edging forward in his chair to get her attention. Hallie pushed her braids aside to see him.

"Yeah?"

"I need to speak to you after class." 

***
"Harry, don't you think all of this is becoming a little repetitive already? We've been trying to pinpoint his plans for two months now."

"Didn't know you were the type of person to give up," Harry replied as they walked down the corridor towards the library, where they would be spending their free period.

"I'm not," Hallie stated, shocked and repulsed by this statement. "If you really think he's planning on hurting Dumbledore, when do you think it could be?"

"I have no idea."

"Well he's already had previous attempts to do this: the cursed necklace, the mead. Both, I believe, were done alone. Third time lucky is how the saying goes, so he will be definitely getting some help this time."