Chapter 65

(Please play the song now, thank you!)

Hallie Blackwell sat on her four poster bed looking at the room around her as she was packing away her clothes. Hallie smiled at the memories she had made in this room. Each of the beds, identical in appearance but personalised by bed sheets and blankets, had housed them comfortably for six years. Hallie remembered the first time she had ever walked into the dormitory, which felt like an eternity ago.

"Cool!" Parvati shouted, setting down her teddy bears on the cushion of her bed.

"I'm definitely going to have to re-arrange a few things," Lavender agreed. "My poster of the Weird sisters has to go somewhere, I cannot be dealing with these plain, drab walls."

"I like the view from the window," Hallie said shyly, looking out at the cold lake that immersed so much of the land. She wondered what it would be like to live deep down there, in the depths of the water.

"Four wardrobes," Hermione stated. "Okay, good. My mother told me to fold my robes up nice and neatly so that they wouldn't get creased. What student would I be if I wasn't presentable?"

"There's a bathroom in here," Parvati stated, walking out with an empty toiletry bag. "There's only a bath, toilet and sink."

"Well what else do you need, really?" Lavender questioned.

"Do you think we should go down to the library?" Hallie asked, contemplating what she could do now that she had been sorted into Gryffindor.

"Well we haven't really got any work to do, yet," Parvati shrugged her shoulders.

"Then again, there's always work to be done," Hermione said to Parvati.

"Well I'm not worried about that," Lavender admitted. "All I know is I'd like some sleep. All of that food has made me tired."

Hallie laughed at the memory before turned around from the window she was now staring out of. She thought about how nervous she was sleeping over at Hogwarts for the first time...

"Goodnight everyone," Lavender said, throwing over her candy striped duvet to get tucked in. "Well at least the beds are comfortable. How awful it would be if we had uncomfortable beds for seven years."

"Night Lavender, Hallie and Hermione," Parvati stated.

"I'm a little nervous for starting classes on Monday," Hallie admitted with her new roommates.

"Don't you worry one bit," Lavender stated. "Here's to the next seven years everyone. Now, how can we switch off this light?"

"We could use nox, but then we'd get in trouble," Hermione reasoned.

Hallie frowned at this, knowing full well that her childhood days were over. That small little girl that had sailed across the water all those years ago, who graced the halls with nothing more than the weight of her books to carry, with laughter that carried through her heart and with the notion that each day she'd wake up to something new. That childhood dream was gone, everyone had to grow up. Some a little quicker than others.

"Hey, Hal," Parvati smiled in the entrance of the dormitory. Her head had been braided back into two sections; a beautiful butterfly clip fastened in the back to keep it into a crown. Her harem pants cascading over her ankles but not over her feet, for a pair of white trainers were there. Hallie liked her plain white t-shirt because it matched her shoes.

"Hi Parvati," Hallie smiled.

"You know, you're one of the only people who pronounce my name right," she chuckled. "The amount of people who pronounce Padma's name the way it's spelt is irritating."