Chapter 68

(Please play the song now, thank you!)

After the events that occurred earlier that week, everyone was very joyous to be getting ready for Bill and Fleur's wedding at the start of August. People made themselves very busy working on the organisation of the tent, happy that they had something else on their mind other than worry. Hallie quickly became immersed in reading all the things she could find based on Greek mythology after finding out that her grandfather's riddle was connected to a spell. Admiring the heat, Hallie had decided to sit outside with her hair running wildly in the wind. She observed as George attempted to build something for the tent, and to her amusement, he was struggling.

"Flipping thing, why won't you attach to this?" George said frustrated. Hallie couldn't help but suppress a little giggle as he tried desperately to hammer in the nails to the tent after giving up with the part.

"Oh bloody heck, I'm never going to get this done!" He threw the nails on the ground and crossed his arms like a little boy throwing a tantrum.

"Struggling?" Hallie asked, laughing. George went bright red.

"You keep quiet,"  George responded.

Hallie walked over, closing the book she was holding in her hand and lifted up the nails and the hammer.

"They're the wrong size," Hallie said, raising her eyebrow at him. "You'll need the smaller ones for this part of the tent."

"Yeah I know," he said forcefully. "Thanks, I can do it now."

"Alright," Hallie laughed. "Sounds like you don't need my help, fine by me," she shrugged her shoulders and left, causing George to grab her hand and pull her back.

"Wait, wait, wait. Okay, maybe I do need your help," he admitted.

"Sorry, what was that? I couldn't quite hear you," she teased, to his dismay.

"I do need your help."

"Oh Georgey, all you need to do was ask!" She beamed at him, causing George to go even redder with embarrassment. She laughed and picked up the hammer and nails.

"So you have to do it in this type of motion here," Hallie indicated, looking up at him. "Now be careful you don't bang your fingers, alright? You'll need your hands for dancing."

"I suppose that's what you've been dreaming of all day," he teased. "Any excuse to touch me, Hals."

"Aye, definitely. I yearn for thee to love me with thine heart, it is thy deepest desire," she said, rolling her eyes and laughing. Suddenly her eyes flickered over to a few pints of paint that were lying at the side. "What are the paint cans for?"

"Well normally they hold paint inside of them," he answered.

"Har, har," she laughed sarcastically.

"They're to be used to paint the wooden outlines of the tent," he added, hammering the nail into the piece of wood. "There's lot of colours there."

Hallie walked over to one of the cans that had the label 'green' on it. As she walked back normally like an innocent child, she dipped the paint brush into the can and plastered a layer onto his back.

"Ahh much better, green has always went better with your hair colour," she smiled with a childish grin.

"Oh you're going to pay for that one," he said with an indignant tone.

"You'll have to catch me first!" She yelled, beginning to run around the garden and laughing with glee. He caught her, twirling her around and brushing pink paint all over her cheeks. He lathered it over her denim jacket, before chortling with laughter.