Chapter 14

Hallie woke up the next morning knowing she wanted to find out the truth about the photo today. Had it it not been for her hospital visit, she would've confronted Malfoy already. She began to put on her Hogwarts uniform and tie her hair back into a low ponytail before leaving for the Great Hall.

Every morning, without fail, Draco Malfoy would be there, skulking around with his normal group of cruel friends who took pleasure in teasing people who were different from them. Hallie believed they were awful. It was a real shame that people often believed that was the type of people that existed in Slytherin house. Hallie knew better though. She knew honourable and kind Slytherins who hated the actions of Malfoy and his future death eater friends.

"Malfoy," she said, finally reaching the Slytherin table. Sitting with him was Crabbe and Goyle, who were too afraid to speak unless spoken to.

"What do you want?" He said, disgusted.

"The truth," she flickered her eyes down to her pockets, indicating that she would lift out the photo infront of Crabbe and Goyle if he didn't tell her what she wanted to hear. With a large sigh, he stepped up from the table and walked outside quickly. Hallie followed promptly, knowing what was about to happen.

"My father used to work at the ministry of magic," he began. "Up until a few years ago."

"Okay?" Hallie said, wondering why this had any relevance to her muggle born mother who had no care for the ministry.

"Do you not know about your grandfather?"

"No," she said, bluntly. "Died before I was born."

"He attended Hogwarts", he said briefly, not caring about the bewildered facial expression Hallie was giving him. "My father knew your mother because of a party your grandad held for my father. Big ministry achievement, check this article here."

He lifted out a crumpled up piece of paper that suggested some type of achievement. "It's dated 1978, one week before your grandfather's death. Can I have the photo now?"

"So if they only met at a party once, then why is it such a big deal for you to get this photo back?"

Hallie wasn't stupid, something wasn't adding up here.

"So I can get rid of it," he said. "It's not exactly great for you either with your mother being associated with a Slytherin."

"That's the difference between you and I, Malfoy," she started to stay. "I don't give a damn what people think about me."

Hallie stalked off towards the common room once again, feeling completely unaccomplished in her task. Malfoy had only created more questions in Hallie's brain; what business did her mother have with Lucius? Why did she never tell her about her grandad? Hallie entered the common room again, where Fred was sitting beside the window.

"Hey Freddy," she said with a welcoming tone.

"Where have you been?" He asked, smiling. "I hope you haven't been doing any pranks without us."

"No, I promise you I haven't," she said, finally reaching the window. "I went to see Malfoy."

"I thought you said we were all going to go?" George asked, entering with his tie at a slight angle.

"I had a strange feeling where I wanted to go and do this by myself," she admitted, receiving a swift nod from George. "He told me about my grandad."

"And?" Fred asked, intrigued. "Was he a muggle aswell?"

"Apparently not," Hallie said, showing the newspaper clipping. "He attended Hogwarts which means he was definitely a wizard."