Chapter 18

This week's shoutout goes to rose-red-petals - thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments! I'm so glad you enjoy my story, you're a great friend☺️Enjoy!✨

5 years ago

"Hallie sweetheart, there is a letter for you!" Gracie, her mum, shouted. Hallie ran down the stairs and looked at her mother.

"Mum, I never get post?" She questioned.

"I know sweetie," she smiled. "I may already know what this is."

The letter was addressed to:
Hallie Blackwell
16 Cunningham Park
Andover
New Hampshire

"I'm nervous," she said, apprehensively.

"It'll be okay, Hallie," her mum reassured her. "It's just a letter, love."

"Okay," she sighed deeply and began to open the well sealed envelope.

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First class, Grand Sorc.,Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

"Wow, that's an impressive title," Hallie said in awe, then continued to read down the page.

Dear Miss Blackwell,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than the 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
(Deputy headmistress)

"Oh mummy I've got into Hogwarts!" She smiled jumping in the air. "I'm going to Lara's school!"

"Aw sweetheart, I'm so proud of you," she hugged Hallie. "I suppose we better get your books this weekend."

"What's all the shouting about?" Lara asked, walking down the stairs.

"I got my Hogwarts letter, sissy!" Hallie ran over to her.

"That's great!" she smiled. "I wonder what house you'll be sorted into."

"Well the only one that I know of is Hufflepuff."

"The other three are Ravenclaw, that's where my friend Jamie is. He's really smart, and witty. Got a lot of common sense aswell. Then there's Slytherin, it's a really cool house, a lot of people say all the bad wizards go there, but that's not entirely true. My friend Anya is there. Last but not least is Gryffindor, a house for the brave and adventurous."

"They all seem splendid!" Hallie smiled. "Oh I can't wait until I get my robes!"

"Double check on the back to see what books you need to get. Just in case it's changed again," Lara stated, pointing at the letter. Hallie turned the piece of parchment around and read:

First-year students will require:

Books
The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble