Chapter 8

(Play music now, please)

A few days had passed since Arthur had been admitted to St. Mungoes. After a blood replenishing potion was given to him, he made a full recovery and returned to 12 Grimmauld Place, where the rest of the Weasleys, Hermione, Harry and Hallie had been staying. Hallie could see how tremendously hard it had been on the Weasley Family, so she tried to remain strong for them all.

For this time, she couldn't help but think about George; he had always been a very happy person. This had been the first time in a long while where Hallie had noticed he wasn't himself. Even given the circumstances, she found herself caring more for him, in an emotional sense.

Hallie was sure that she wanted to try and make George as happy as she could possibly make him, for she felt her heart now belonged to him, and she hoped that his belonged to her too. Only time would tell, she thought.

"George?" She said his name, almost in a whisper.

"Yeah, Hals?" He said, sitting in the living room.

"Are you ever afraid of love?" She asked, wondering why she had asked such a deep question.

"No," he said quickly, looking at Hallie who was sitting on the floor wrapping Christmas presents, "it's hard to find it in this world."

"Very true," she said, securing a piece of cello tape on wrapping paper, "well I just want to tell you something then."

"And what's that?" He asked, with a smirk that reminded Hallie more of a happier George.

"That I think when people feel something really deep, they know it deep down but they never go outward and say it - not much anyway- but I think it's important to so, George, I-I love you."

His face lit up like a lantern. He stood up and grabbed Hallie by the hands, pulling her from the ground. He kissed her full on the mouth, to which she smiled at, then opened his mouth to speak.

"I love you too, Hallie bear."

She smiled at him brightly. It was one of a genuine nature, and captivated how much George made Hallie feel. Of course, she had to admit something to him.

"I was."

"You were what?" George asked, sitting down on the sofa with Hallie's hand in his.

"Afraid of loving someone so deeply."

"Why is that?" He questioned, looking at her with his thoughtful eyes.

"My heart is the most precious thing I own," she said, placing her hand on it, "it's only something I can give fully once."

"You can trust me with it," he smiled, "and if I ever break it, well, mine will be broken as well."

"Do you want to help me with these presents?" She said, not compressing the fact that she couldn't keep her smile hidden, "it's actually quite fun."

"Well, to be truthful," he continued, "I really don't know how to wrap presents."

"Come and sit here and I'll show you."

George moved from the sofa down to the floor where Hallie had seated herself again. Lying in front of them was wrapping paper, scissors, cello tape and presents. Hallie went for the box of Bertie's Every Flavoured Beans which she had bought for Ron.

"Now what you what to do is cut out as much wrapping paper as you need so I'm cutting out a lot for this big box here," she sliced the paper, "now begin to fold over the paper onto the box and you see this tape?"