Chapter 13

A few days had passed since Hallie had fainted and it was now Tuesday. George, who had stayed by Hallie's side, had grown increasingly worried as he didn't know how long it would be until she woke up. Plenty of people had came to visit her, including Susan Bones, a kind Hufflepuff girl who thought very highly of Hallie, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione. George, probably from the lack of sleep, became irritated very easily which led him to be quite snappy around anyone who visited.

"How is she then?" Ron asked, looking down at her sadly. Hermione had grabbed her hand, and was now trying to hold back her tears. Harry awkwardly patted her shoulder.

"Oh she's fine and dandy," replied George, who was sitting on the other side of her bed. "Really spectacular."

"I'm sure she'll be okay soon" Hermione said, before giving Ron a look that indicated not to say anything back to George, who would most likely use a stunning spell on the next person who bothered him. "Madam Pomfrey is brilliant at taking care of everyone, she doesn't get enough credit."

Harry thought he saw a smile appear on Madam Pomfrey's face, before she turned to sort out another patient in one of the other hospital beds. "Hallie's tough, George," he reminded him.

"Guess who's back," Fred said, bringing in a better atmosphere to the gloomy room. "I've brought chocolate. Georgey why don't you go and change your clothes and stuff, we'll be watching Hals."

Before he could respond, however, Hermione let out a gasp. "Her eyes twitched! I saw them!"

George grabbed her hand again and clutched it. "Come on Hals, it's time to wake up" he said imploringly, "come on."

Her steady breathing remained as her eyes continued to stay close. She then said something inaudible, that sounded a lot like George's name.

"She's trying to say something!" Hermione said, looking down and clutching Hallie's other hand very hard.

"George," she said weakly, still not opening her eyes.

"I need George," she said, beginning to get louder.

"I'm right here, love," he smiled. Everyone noticed he was close to tears.

"Where's Freddy?" She asked, with a little more clarity. "Can't have one Weasley twin without the other."

Fred walked over to Hallie and smiled. Hermione decided to move out of the way to let Fred in. She then gave Harry and Ron a look that told them all three of them needed to go. Harry nodded and walked first. Ron followed and so did Hermione.

"Are you okay, Hals?" George asked. "We've missed having you around."

"Yeah, I'm okay," she said, trying to sit up but with no success.

"Oh goodness, is she awake? You two, please move out of the way while I give her some medicine," Madam pomfrey said before running over and fluffing up her pillows.

"This isn't going to taste very nice," she said to Hallie, while Fred and George stared.

"I honestly don't know how you two expect me to concentrate with you two staring down my neck. Now please, leave while I sort Miss Blackwell out."

Fred and George smiled at Hallie, who returned one weakly. They left the hospital wing without another word to show how grateful they were that Madam Pomfrey had helped their closest friend.

***

"Yeah, Freddy. That's true, but don't you think it's a little bit extreme?" George said, while talking to Fred about a prank.

"You sound a lot like Hallie," he joked. "Alrighty then we'll tone it down a bit, how about fireworks?"

"Yes," he said, sounding a lot like himself. "That's better then gun powder."