Chapter 22

A/N: The song for this chapter is Taylor Swift's this is me trying from her folklore album (shoutout to all of the swifties). Please play the song now!

A few weeks later

"Fred, where are you taking me?" She asked. "I don't think I can handle this much mystery."

"You're going to have to for just a few short minutes."

They walked into an area of Hogwarts where Hallie hadn't seen in her five years of being there. It was dark, and the floor was covered in blankets of cotton that had become discoloured with the age of the castle. Hallie could smell the fresh clean air, sensing that the windows had been opened for a little while. She looked around, but couldn't see much.

"Lumos," she uttered, and her wand lit up the room.

"This is what I want to show you!"

Fred lifted off the blanket of cotton and Hallie was hit in the face with a pungent smell of dust. It wasn't the only thing that distracted her.

"So it is true," Hallie spoke to herself. "The mirror of Erised is real."

She stared blankly into it for a moment, before blinking slowly. A powerful image began to appear; her deepest desire was showing. It was so close until she saw Fred standing in the way, distracting her from seeing what her desire was.

"Fred?" She turned around to see him on the other side of the room. She then realised the person in the mirror had been infact:

"George," the name was bittersweet right now. It delighted and pained her at the same time.

"You knew this mirror was here, didn't you?" Hallie asked. She was partly grateful for Fred's decision to bring her here. It had reminded her of something very important.

"I still love him, Fred. I don't think that'll ever change."

"He'll come to his senses," he nodded. "Don't you worry."

Hallie smiled and looked in the mirror. Her greatest desire in life had not been a great big mansion, or a chance to visit the moon.

It was was George Weasley.

***
"I'm going to talk to him, Fred," she said adamant, as they walked towards the common room again. "I'm going to see if we can sort things out."

"Only if you're ready."

"I think I am," she nodded, but noticed something off in his tone. "You don't think it's the right decision do you?"

"I showed you that mirror for a reason, Hals," he said, as they walked up the stairs. "I already knew you loved George, but that doesn't give you a reason to let him back in your life."

"He's my deepest desire," she shrugged her shoulders. "What else am I supposed to do?"

"Your deepest desire is to be loved," Fred replied. "The mirror wants you to look deeper into its message."

"The heart wants what it wants," she said, not knowing how else to reply.

"Yeah, but what does it actually need?" He asked.

"If you're bothered by what George has done then why do you still speak to him like nothing is wrong?"

"I've already called him out for his behaviour, Hallie," he said, defensively. "It's not my responsibility how he acts after that. Doesn't mean I don't agree with what he's done."

"Sorry Fred," she answered, reminding herself that she had been too hasty in her response.

"Talk to him Hallie," he agreed. "Although if things don't go the way you want them too, you make your mind up on what you want to do next."