Chapter 54

Hallie's few days at the burrow was the best week she had had this year. Her, Ginny and Fred would wander outside to make snowmen after the weather had turned rapidly cold. Everyone made sure that they wore their warmest jumpers and scarves to avoid becoming frostbitten or worse. After spending time outside, time would be spent in front of the fireplace with warm cups of hot chocolate.

"Morning everyone," Bill said, walking in with his newspaper.

"Hello," Fleur also said shyly behind Bill.

"Morning Fleur!" Hallie said brightly. Ginny gave her a disapproving look and scoffed, putting her hands infront of the fire once again.

"Bill, I do not like these scones. Could you make some crepes? I feel like crepes are more suitable for this time of year."

"I personally think the scones are delicious," Ginny said, defending her mother's baking. "Anyway, I don't think my mum would want you having them. They weren't made for you."

"Hmm yes, Mrs Weasley's baking does not agree with me. I think it is best if I make my own breakfast. Would any of you like some?"

"Depends what you're making," Fred said politely.

"Probably some omelette."

Fleur turned around to look for the pans. "I love this kitchen. Ours is just slightly different. It's a bit bigger but it's the perfect size for three of us. Then again, our living room is smaller than yours!"

"A bigger kitchen for three people?" Ginny questioned. "Well that doesn't make any sense at all. Who needs a big kitchen when there is only three of you?"

Before Fleur could answer, Mrs Weasley came walking in with a pan as big as Draco Malfoy's head. It looked like some sort of ham was going to be cooked inside of it, which made Hallie squirm from the awful idea of this. She wasn't very fond of pork.

"Fleur, what are you doing?" Mrs Weasley asked rather unkindly. It was surprising hearing her using this tone.

"She wanted to make omelette, mum," Ginny laughed.

"Do you not understand it's Christmas Eve Eve? I've got things to cook. So if you don't mind, move out of the way."

"Mrs Weasley, I am very hungry," Fleur pleaded. "It will only take me a few minutes?"

"You're just being fussy," Mrs Weasley reasoned.  "I made perfectly good toast this morning which you didn't eat."

Ginny began to go red with laughter. Fleur looked rather embarrassed which made Hallie feel bad for Fleur.

"The white bread here makes me feel very bloated," she admitted. "I always eat scrambled eggs."

"I haven't got time for your complaining, Fleur," Mrs Weasley said, rolling her eyes. "Now please move out of my way."

Fleur nodded and walked out of the room and Bill followed her. Hallie frowned at this, and walked up to the kitchen counter.

"Sorry, I made some of these crepes last night, you don't mind if I heat them up in the oven?" Hallie asked, lifting them from the griddle.

"Yes, of course dear!" Her loving tone had been replenished.

"I hope you aren't giving them crepes to her," Ginny said resentfully.

"And I don't know why you're giving her such a hard time, Ginny. What has she done on you?" Hallie said, grabbing them out of the oven. "I'll be back soon, Fred."

Hallie was very glad not to have bumped into George on her way to find Fleur. She found her sitting outside, writing on a piece of parchment. She couldn't help but frown at how solemn she looked.