Chapter 51

"I didn't get anything that she said," Lara said while they both walked down the stairs from Professor Trelawney's classroom.

"Prophecies are so complicated," Hallie sighed.

"I don't know how you do it," Lara shook her head once they were back on the corridor again.

"Do what exactly?" Hallie chuckled.

"Deal with all of this," Lara clutched her books closer to her chest. "All of this uncertainly on top of dealing with what is happening with George."

"Well what else can I do, panic?" Hallie vocalised. "It is what it is."

"Well at least we can say George isn't over you," Lara added. "Maybe he's just as heartbroken."

"Maybe," Hallie said, shrugging her shoulders.

"I wonder why he can't let go?" Lara asked.

"He can't get over what he did," Hallie conveyed. "The only way he'll get over it is if I forgive him and I'm not doing that, not when it took me so long to get over how he abandoned me."

"Do you ever think you'll be together again?"

Hallie sighed, thinking very carefully. "Well, Lara, I don't believe we will you know. I always think about a friendship, but I don't think it would be the same."

Lara nodded. "These things take time"

"Yeah," Hallie nodded. "It's all about learning to accept the things you cannot change."

***
Dear Freddy,

I can't believe it's nearly December already, you have no idea how painfully awful it is that you're not here. I know, I know, imagine not being over you leaving even 6 months later lol, I guess you're really as legendary as you said. Anyway, I've been so tired of Hogwarts at the minute. Hermione sent a letter to George telling him that my amortentia smelled of him and Ron also decided to intervene in the situation. He criticised me for being friendly with Justin, but I guess he has a right to an opinion. I'm still really annoyed, but I guess it'll get better.

See you soon,

Love from Hallie.

While Hallie sealed the letter she had written, she began to hear screaming voices coming from the corridor. After giving the letter to the owl, she peered around the corner of the door and saw Ginny shouting in Ron's face. Both were very red in the face while doing so.

"Do you think I want to hear people saying my sisters a—?"

"A what exactly? Huh?" Ginny growled with rage. Harry looked rather flustered. Ron was his best friend and Ginny was his crush. What could he do? She saw Ginny draw her wand, which caused Hallie to gasp.

"He didn't mean anything, Ginny!" Harry pleaded.

"Don't be stupid, of course he does," she said, her eyebrows furrowing with anger and rage.

"Just because you've never snogged anyone in your life!" She screamed. "Just because the best kiss you've ever gotten is from our auntie Muriel!"

Hallie couldn't help but snort with laughter at this. Good on Ginny for defending herself, whoever she kissed was none of Ron's business.

"Shut your mouth!" Ron bellowed.

"I've seen you with phlegm hoping she'll kiss you on the cheek. It's actually pathetic!" Ginny's face now matched the colour of her hair. "It doesn't matter how many people I've kissed, it doesn't make me any less respectable!"