Chapter 50

Another shoutout to rose-red-petals support is amazing on this story, thank you❤️

***
"Hello there, are you Andromeda?" Gracie said, standing at the door of her small cottage. Gracie loved how the roof was carefully thatched, and the garden was filled with beautiful roses and lavender and daisies. A small little garden knome lay perched on top of the wooden bench that was soaked with rain.

"Never mind the boxes," Andromeda said kindly. "We're moving in two weeks!"

"Oh that's okay," Gracie smiled. "I brought you some Florence cake. I hope you don't mind!"

"That's very kind of you," Andromeda smiled. Gracie took in her appearance. Short black hair that had been cut up into a bob, a moss green cardigan that had been paired with a black tee and a pair of simple leggings. Gracie noticed she wasn't wearing any shoes, but rather a pair of fluffy dinosaur socks.

"Ted, we've got a visitor. Please make some tea!" Andromeda shouted into the house. A large echo filtered through as she did due the amount of stuff that had been packed away.

"I don't mean to intrude or anything," Gracie said politely. "I found this in one of my boxes in the attic and I saw that it belonged to you."

"Oh thank you very much," she smiled. "Would you like to come in?"

Gracie had a notion that Andromeda and Ted didn't get many visitors.

"Oh yes that would be lovely!"

As she walked into the living room, she looked around to see shelves on the wall, full of photos of a young girl with pixie hair. A large light, sofa and tv were the only things left in the room.

"Sorry dear, you didn't tell me your name?" Andromeda asked while sitting down on the sofa next to Gracie.

"Oh it's Gracie Blackwell," she smiled. Andromeda looked at her as if she had seen a ghost.

"Blackwell?" Andromeda began. "Are you Nathaniel Blackwell's daughter?"

"Yes, I am," she nodded.

"I'm sorry to hear about his death," Andromeda frowned. "He really was a brilliant man."

"How did you know him?" Gracie asked while Ted brought in the tea. "Thank you."

"He was my tutor whenever I went to Hogwarts. From third year right up to seventh year," Andromeda smiled with melancholy. "By the end of my Hogwarts years, I truly considered him a real friend."

"Hogwarts is where my children go. Hallie and Lara!"

"What year are they in?"

"Lara is in her seventh and Hallie is in her sixth," Gracie nodded, sipping her tea. "I'm glad you were fond of my father."

"I was very much a person who was outcasted from my family," Andromeda continued. "He knew what it felt like to be different, to feel like you didn't fit in. That's why he trusted me with the task."

"What task are you talking about?"

"Andy, dear, does this woman not know anything?" Ted inputted.

"No, my love," Andromeda shook her head. "It wasn't just a coincidence that you found that tape in your attic, Gracie. Your father was a very intelligent man."

"So you mean I was meant to come here?" Gracie questioned. "I—I don't understand?"

"Oh we have a lot to talk about then," Andromeda chuckled gently. "Well, there was a prophecy."