Chapter 35

*ANNOUNCEMENT*
- A new cover for this story will be coming soon :) it is being created by the brilliant sygmys - please go and check her account out, she's so talented! :)

***

"Bloody potions! Why do we have to know about this? Honestly I don't understand what the use for a wit sharpening potion is!" Ron complained as the fifth years sat in the library.

"You might like to know what it's useful for, Ronald," Hermione muttered underneath her breath. Ron, of course, heard her.

"Thanks a lot, Hermione," he said, turning around to her. "Maybe you'd do well with using a potion that would do well with fixing that stubborn tongue of yours."

"If you would do some revision yourself, you'd know that it doesn't exist," Hermione said quietly, but still conveying her anger. "Of course, you've never bothered to lift a book in your life. You always copy off my notes!"

"Shove off," Ron said angrily. "You always offer to read over my essays for me so don't try and say that I beg for your notes."

"Well—"

"Honestly you two, would you shut up?" Anastasia interrupted before Hermione could say another thing. "This isn't couples counselling, it's the bloody library and some of us would like to get some revision done before the exams start in three days."

"Fine!" Hermione grumbled and her and Ron continued to work in huffy silence.

Hallie laughed. "Them two never seem to stop arguing."

"There's a lot of romantic tension right there," Ana laughed. "You mark my words, one of these days they'll be together."

"I can't argue against that," Hallie laughed.

"How are you feeling about Ancient Runes?" Ana asked.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine with it," she agreed. "I'm hoping to do it for NEWT level and I don't really have a back up plan if I fail everything."

"You're not going to fail everything," Ana laughed. "You're smart, Hallie, and not just book smart. You've got emotional intelligence as well."

"Thanks," Hallie smiled."Although, sometimes I think I lack that."

"I would stop thinking that, if I were you," Ana uttered. "Now tell me, what is the incantation for the vanishing spell?"

"Evanesco," Hallie answered.

"Correct."

Ana looked down at the page once more to ask her another question. "What is one of the main ingredients in the draught of living peace?"

"Oh," Hallie thought for a second. "Moonstone?"

"You're on fire Blackwell!" Ana stated, applauding her.

"Thanks," Hallie smiled. "Let me ask you some questions!"

"Be nice," Ana pleaded which made Hallie laugh.

"What animals should you practise the silencing charm on?"

"Erm," Anna thought for a second. "Frogs and ravens?"

"Yeah!"

"What do bowtruckles eat?" Hallie questioned.

"Woodlice," Ana answered.

"Very good," Hallie nodded, feeling a lot more confident in her revision now that she had went over things with Anastasia.

For the last few days, a lot of the fifth year students had been frantically panicking about the exams that were coming up. Hermione had been renown for chanting off incantations for Transfiguration in her sleep. Hannah Abbott, a kind hufflepuff girl, had fainted about 10 times in the last three days due to over exerting herself from revision. A lot of the boys in Gryffindor House would resort to punching games where, if you answered a question correctly, you couldn't punch someone on the arm. If you didn't, you were the one being punched. Hallie knew better than to stress too much over her exams, for whether she got 12 outstanding or 1 acceptable, you-know-who would still kill whoever got in the way of his mission.