Chapter 19

Hogwarts was like a breeding ground for rumours and for the past few days, it hadn't been Harry Potter who'd been the talk of the yeargroup, but rather Hallie, much to her dismay. People always had something to say and after much thought about it, Hallie decided to dedicate most of her time to the library where she knew no one could speak to her. One day, she went to see Fred and George who were sat in the Gryffindor Common Room, a place that was once happy and full of laughter, now was full of sorrow and misery.

"Hi, you two. Want to come to the library with me? Everyone is doing my head in here, they keep on giving me stares. Anyway, what do you think?"

"Lee says he wants me to go and look at his quidditch commentary, seen as it is his last game and all, do you mind if I go and help him
Hallie?" George said, with a half smile on his face.

"I thought the quidditch game wasn't until another month away?"

"He wants to make sure it's perfect," he said, standing up.

"Yeah sure. Tell him that I said hello."

"Will do, bye Hallie."

He left through the portrait hole, leaving Hallie with a disappointed look on her face.

"Aren't you going too?" Hallie asked nicely. "it's okay if you are."

"Nope, I'm coming with you, Hals," he stood up. "The library is a weird place to go for comfort, isn't it? I'd rather be in Snape's classroom."

A meandering look was left on Hallie's face as Fred examined her. After a few short seconds, he said her name quietly. "Hallie?"

"Oh sorry," she shook her head and faced him properly. "I haven't had much sleep. Is it me or does George seem to be avoiding me? I don't understand what I'm supposed to have done wrong."

"You haven't done anything wrong," he reassured her. "and to be honest, I've noticed that too."

"I can take all of this backlash from people but only if I have both of you by my side," she said. "You see, it's very lonely being me right now."

"I'll always have your back, pranksters promise," he joked, receiving a smile from Hallie.

"Thanks, Fred. Let's go then."

***
5 years ago

"You must be Professor Dumbledore," Hallie said shyly. "Nice to meet you."

"And you must be Miss Blackwell," he smiled through his half moon spectacles. "It's lovely to finally meet you."

"Thank you for my place at Hogwarts."

"No need to thank me," he nodded. "You've got a lot of potential, Miss Blackwell."

"Thank you," she blushed. "Did you know about my weird capabilities then?"

"I did not know about your weird capabilities, I only knew about your special qualities."

Hallie smiled again. "That means a lot, Professor."

"I have another letter to give you," he lifted out a piece of parchment. "You must promise me something however, Miss Blackwell."

"Yes Professor?" She said, looking at him straight in the eye.

"You must not open this until September 1st 1996. At this point, you will be starting your sixth year at Hogwarts."

"Yes, of course," she nodded. "What is it for?"

"Ah, time will tell, child," he said, examining the white paint on the walls of Hallie's home.

"It has been sealed with magic," he added. "I will see you whenever the term starts, Miss Blackwell."