Chapter 10

A brilliant beam of light shone across my eyes, causing my eyes to tremble open. My pupils dilated in reaction to the light and I groaned in response, shutting them tight. My alarm hadn't gone off yet but I decided I would get up early. I sat up in bed and stretched my arms as far as possible. A soft groan escaped my lips as I slipped out of my covers which caused my dogs to awake. I unplugged my phone and turned off the alarm, then headed downstairs with my dogs following. I headed into the backyard where I found Aiko watering the garden. I sat on the patio with lilac just watching and admiring the tall flowers that bend along with the wind. Aiko finally noticed me and hurried over to me.

"Miss you're awake! I'll get started on breakfast right now. I'm so sorry I lost track of the time, oh, you also need your uniform-", Aiko rambled.

"Aiko, it's alright. I got up early. You have time" I interrupted.

Aiko took a sigh of relief and nodded as she continued inside to prepare breakfast. I wandered through the garden until she was ready. This used to be my mother's garden, but since she remarried, money and fame were all she thought of. She even tried to gain custody of me to gain more fame. I still found the garden beautiful, just because I don't enjoy my mother's presence doesn't mean I have to hate the garden she left behind. I snapped out of my trance when Aiko called me for breakfast. 

*Time skip to lunch*

I didn't feel like eating with the rest of the group that day. It was the last day of my first week and I wanted to collect my thoughts. Even though I had only been there for a week, it had been a very eventful one. I found out so much about this school and it surprised me that I wasn't terrified. The house pet system, the life contracts(I know I didn't talk about them I'm sorry), the student council... That's when a certain electric eyed beauty crossed my mind. Kirari Momobami. I thought about her actions toward me, was that flirting? Or her trying to intimidate me? What was she going to do next? Should I approach her first? These questions sped through my mind, as I tried to plan out my actions. 

I jumped when I heard a soft thump next to me. My thoughts stopped and I blanked when I turned to the side of me. I kind of expected and hoped to find Kirari beside be but instead, it was some girl. She had long black hair she wore in a ponytail that was slightly off to the side. She had a cold and dead stare towards me so I returned the stare with a sassy "Can I help you?".

"I need you to stay away from the President", The girl stated.

"Why don't you start with your name before making commands", I responded coldly.

"My name is Sayaka Igarashi. No need to introduce yourself, I know who you are", she told.

"I'm flattered".

We both stared without blinking, trying to intimidate the other one into submission. The lunch bell rang in the distance signaling that students should head back to class but neither of us even flinched. Sayaka gripped the table in frustration right before standing up. She grabbed her satchel swiftly and started to walk away from me.

"I mean it. Stay away from the president. We don't have the time for whatever your planning right now", Sayaka stated possessively.