Sleepless nights

" K-kirari. As much as you s-seem very n-nice, I did just m-meet you", My voice trembled.

" Oh yes, I understand. Goodnight then", Kirari stated as she headed next door to mine(the guest room)".

I felt a shiver down my spine as Kirari smirked before closing the door behind her. I headed to my bathroom first to do my nightly routine. Then, I took my dogs into my room and curled into bed with them. My mind started to drift, but not to sleep, unfortunately. I turned my bedside lamp on and rubbed my eyes. My dogs picked up their heads to react to the light and check on me. I stroked their heads to calm them and they curled up and went back to sleep.

Aiko cracked my door to check on me as she usually does. I saw her crack the door and I softly replied "I'm up". Aiko entered my room and sat in my bay window.

"Why are you still awake Ms. Kaneko?" Aiko inquired.

"It's just been a stressful day and it triggered my insomnia" I replied quietly.

" I see. One moment Ms. Kaneko" Aiko noted as she quickly stepped out the room.

Aiko brought back a small teacup and a journal. She shut the door behind her, set the teacup on my nightstand, and sat back in the window. She passed me the journal and sighed contently. I caressed the spine of the journal and examined it. It was a Rosewood color with Jasmine yellow flowers painted on it.

"That was my journal when I was your age", Aiko stated.

"My age? Why are talking like your in your 70's? You're only in your 30's", I remarked

"That's not the point", Aiko started getting frustrated.

I quickly shut up.

"When I was younger I would write poems in this journal. It was sort of like my escape from the world", Aiko lectured.

I examined the pages of the journal. They were filled with tons of poems, acrostic, haiku, free verse, sonnets, etc.. I was amazed, they were written with excellent calligraphy and each poem was titled a different emotion or scenario. I flipped through some pages before thanking Aiko for showing me this.

"It's yours now", Aiko replied before getting up.

" Really? Aiko I can't take this from you! It's too sentimental", I pleaded.

" Please take it. I think you'll enjoy the poems in there. I would also like you to write some of your own, I could teach you how to match that handwriting" Aiko tempted.

"Thank you, I'd like that" I whispered starting to tear up.

Aiko nodded and walked out. I took a deep breath and a sip of my tea. I'm glad Aiko is starting to warm up to me. I've always liked Aiko, to be honest, I like her more than my own mother. My father and sister seem to like her too, I hope she keeps working for us. I scanned through some more of the poems and finished my tea. I was starting to fall asleep, so I turned off my lamp and finally drifted off.

It felt like two minutes before I heard my alarm blaring and my dogs started howling along with it. I groaned as I grabbed my phone and stopped my alarm. My dogs continued to howl until I whined "stop" to which they responded with kisses and cuddles. I giggled and hopped out of bed to wash my face. My dogs followed me excitedly and watched my wash my face and brush my teeth. I stepped out of the bathroom and opened my bedroom doors so my dogs could escape my room. I started a search for my uniforms in my closet but then Aiko came in to hand me my warm ironed uniform. I thanked her and started to put it on. As I started to put on my top I heard a soft knock at my door and assuming it was Aiko I answered "Enter".

The door slowly creaked open, but instead of Aiko there stood Kirari.

Kirari's POV

At least I know I'm definitely attracted to her physically. She has a gorgeous figure. My eyes immediately wandered to her chest, then farther down to her waist and thighs. I playfully bit my lip, just to tease her. Her blushing excites me so much. She's absolutely fascinating. Just you wait my little mystery, I'll unlock I'll your secrets.

"Good morning (y/n)" I called calmly.

"M-morning Kirari" (y/n) shivered.

"I think your assistant took my clothes" I stated.

"I-I'll check w-with her" (y/n) turned away.

"I'll be in the guest room" I noted before smirking.

I closed the door and I could hear (y/n) throw herself onto her bed. I chuckled and sat in the guest room. I texted Ririka that I was fine and I'd be at school today. Then I informed Sayaka that I was going to be at school. She was easily worried, and liked to be informed of my whereabouts if I wasn't home.

(Y/n)'s assistant brought in my uniform, freshly washed and I thanked her. I quickly changed and grabbed my things. I met (y/n) for breakfast downstairs and we conversed about what she thought about the academy.

Afterwards we were driven to school and we parted ways once we were dropped off.  Sayaka greeted me once I entered the doors and questioned me as if I were being interrogated.

"Where were you last night, madam president", Sayaka caught herself.

"I was with (y/n) Kaneko" I answered without even glancing her way.

"Madam president, isn't her family extremely dangerous?" Sayaka inquired worried.

"They are? Well then she doesn't live up to her name", I chuckled.

Hi! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was kinda rushed because I was pretty tired but I wanted you guys to have another chapter to read. Btw I HIT 400 READERS! Thank you guys so much for your support and comments! They make me so happy and I hope they continue! I will always try to reply to comments and I love when you guys reply back! Ok goodnight everyone and have a great day!

- The Intelligent Raccoon