Power

"Good Morning everyone" I yawned entering the classroom.

"Good morning", Ryota and Yumeko said in unison.

"Where are Itsuki and Mary?" I questioned.

" They haven't arrived yet", Yumeko noted with a smile.

I nodded and sat in my seat. I grabbed the journal Aiko gave me out of my bag. I flipped through a few pages before stopping on a specific page I had bookmarked. I started to read for a few minutes while Yumeko and Ryota conversed before Yumeko interrupted my peaceful reading.

"(y/n)! You gambled yesterday?" Yumeko inquired.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that guy. Thank you for reminding me" I answered. I didn't look up from the journal.

"Awww. I wanted to see you gamble. Will you gamble with me now? We could play poker like your game last time" Yumeko pleaded.

"Sorry Yumeko, I don't plan on gambling again for a long time. I have other plans.

" What do you mean, other plans?" Ryota asked.

"Why aren't you gambling again?" Yumeko whined.

"Well..." I closed my journal.

"I'm going to become a dealer", I chuckled.

"What?!" Mary and Itsuki shouted, running through the classroom door.

Everyone had a shocked look on their faces as I nervously smiled due to their reaction. I was bombarded with questions until class started I told everyone I'd answer their questions later. I spaced out during class. I thought about how maybe it was a little early for me to get tied into anything. I only just came to this school yesterday. Luckily I wasn't called on during class so I mindlessly took notes and spaced out.

*Time skip to lunch because I'm lazy*

Everyone continued to ask me questions about why I wanted to be a dealer, and I told them everything they wanted to know.

"I want to become a dealer because I enjoy being the one to keep things in line. You could say I'm a bit of a control freak. Gambling is one of the most unpredictable things in the world, and being able to control that. Well, it's a pleasure for me. Plus telling people what to do is a delight" I chimed while eating my lunch.

"Speaking of telling people what to do, look who's here" Mary pointed to Kobayashi.

I looked in the direction of her finger and saw him sitting on the floor. A mob of students surrounded him, dousing him in water. I felt a burning in my core and I quickly got up and headed towards the group. I heard Mary call after me but I kept walking. I pushed some students out of my way until I reached the middle of the circle and stood in front of him. He looked up at me in silent tears. I stared daggers at the student who poured their entire bottle of water onto Kobayashi.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing", I growled

"None of your business. Who are you" She hissed.

"Well when it's MY housepet, it's MY business. And I'm the girl who's about to gamble your family into debt if you're not careful with that tone of yours" I contended.

She was about to respond to me but she was interrupted by one of her friends whispering into her ear. A look of shock and fear came over her face as she quickly backed herself into a wall. I got closer to her until I could see her quivering. None of the boys in the group dared to come to her defense. I pinned her to the wall and towered over her until I whispered into her ear "Don't make me make an example out of you" hauntingly. I backed up and she and her friends ran away.

I kneeled down to Kobayashi. He was still soaking wet and sitting in tears. "Are you alright?" I questioned softly. He nodded and I helped him up off the ground. I motioned for him to follow me as I headed back to the table. People stared as I walked trough the crowd with him. I sat him down at the table with Mary, Yumeko, Ryota and myself. I took a small towel out of my bag and handed it to him. He was hesitant to take it but he eventually took it. We all ate in silence as Kobayashi dried himself off. After he was done he put the towel on the seat and excused himself. I let him go and everyone continued to stare at me as I watched him walk off.

"Is that the boy you gambled against?", Yumeko broke the silence.

I nodded.

"Why did you do that?", Mary inquired.

"Because I felt like it", I snapped.

We all sat in silence for the rest of lunch.

The rest of the school day passed by pretty quickly. I headed home immediately after class and called my driver to tell him to be at the school immediately. I jumped into the car and sat in silence. My driver didn't ask any questions and dropped me at home quickly.

Aiko greeted me after I walked through the door and asked if I was alright. I ignored her question and headed straight upstairs. I threw open my bedroom doors and launched myself at my bed. Lilac perked up from my bay window and jumped onto my bed to greet me. I pat her head softly and rolled over to face her. I hugged her and laid with her as I did my homework. I skipped dinner and just chilled in my room until nightfall. Aiko left food at my desk when I fell asleep. I woke up again at around 9:35 pm. I got up to eat the food at my desk. Once I sat down I pulled out the journal Aiko gave me out my bag. I don't know why but, reading this journal is really special to me.

Thank you for reading! I might not upload again for a few days because I have some school stuff to do. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you guys again for the wonderful comments and I hope they continue! If you guys ever wanna message me I'll most likely reply (I'll also always reply to comments). Okey enjoy the rest of your day!

P.S. Enorbear, you have been the most supportive and sweet person so I wanted to give you an extra thanks!