Chapter 17

When I woke up it was storming outside. I rubbed the drowsiness from my eyes and eventually rolled out of bed. I didn't feel like going to class today, I'm sure nobody would care except Aiko. I grumbled and headed to my bathroom to start my day. After my morning routine, I headed to my closet and got dressed, then headed downstairs. Aiko was at the bottom of the stairs ready to greet me. "Good morning Miss Kaneko", she greeted warmly. "Morning Aiko", I yawned.

Breakfast was just some leftover curry and fresh steamed rice and vegetables. Aiko finished before I did so she gathered the stuff I would take to class(Lunch, bag, and umbrella). Once I finished my breakfast, Aiko rushed me out the door, I hadn't Eve looked at the time but I was probably a bit late to leave. I hurried to my limousine and we sped off to school.

I got to class right before the bell rang, I was huffing in my seat from running all the way here. "You ok?" Ryota questioned, across from me. "Yeah, it's just a long sprint from the gates to class". I exhaled. My head flopped down onto my desk and I drifted off after attendance. 

"Y/N!", Mary yelled in my ear. I jolted awake and my head hit hers as I got up. "Watch it!" Mary exclaimed in pain. "You're the one who yelled so close to me! Why?", I whined back. "Class is over idiot". I looked around and she was right, the only ones in the room were Ryota, Mary, and myself. I turned back to Mary  but she was already by the classroom door. "Come on y/n", Ryota exhaled as I followed him out the door.

Kobayashi didn't join us at lunch today. I wasn't worried but I did wonder where he was. I shoveled my lunch into my mouth and packed my bento box away into my bag. "Where are you going y/n?" Itsuki questioned. "I'm heading to the student council office. I'm applying to be a dealer", I said while struggling to get up.  "I still don't know why'd you ever want to be a dealer y/n! Gambling as just a plain student is so much fun". Yumeko told.  I sighed and shook my head, I knew Yumeko wouldn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to gamble but I accepted it and I was tired of explaining myself. "I'll see you guys later", I waved and I jogged out the cafeteria. I made it to the outside of the student council room and took a deep breath. I expected a job interview situation so I was almost trembling because of my nerves... and because there was a small chance Kirari would be in the room. I had no idea how this works but with Kirari near me I knew I would most likely be a mess. Even after all the things I've said, and done to her... especially because of the things I've said and done. Seeing her in school made me a wreck. I finally knocked on the door and heard an "enter", from the other side. The door squeaked as I pulled it open. I nervously stepped through and there sat Sayaka doing paperwork at a large meeting table. She looked up and looked shocked to see me standing there. She then looked me up and down and scowled, like she was appalled by me standing in her eyesight.

"I'm here to see Miss Runa Yomozuki",

"She's in the next room".

I bowed and headed into the side room she had motioned toward. Opened the door to a brighter room with a small girl spinning in a chair with a handheld game. She stopped spinning when she looked at me and gasped. Her eyes went wide and a smile crept onto her face.

"Hi!  Who let you in here?"

"T-the door was unlo-locked" ,

"Shit, forgot to lock it. Whatever. So, who are you and why are you here?",

"My name is Y/n Kaneko and I'm here to apply to be some. BECOME a dealer", I blurted out and bowed.

A demeaning laugh escaped the small girl. She got up from her chair starting walking around me, when she had gone full circle she sat back down. She tapped her chin and closed her eyes in thought. "Soooooo", she dragged on. " I'm going to ask you a few questions and if you pass you can be a dealer!". 'A few questions?' I thought to myself. "Helloooo? Yes or no, can you do that?", Runa snapped. "Yes I can!" I jumped.

"First question, how does your family earn its money?"

"We have a long line of-"

"Second question, do you like girls of guys?"

"Both I guess but I don't-"

Third question what kind of pleasure do you get from gambling?"

"I'm, I didn't get-"

"Alright no more questions!"

"But I didn't get to-"

"I'll let you know if you passed later",

My eyebrows twitched with the frustration of being cut off over and over. But still, I responded "Ok, thank you", and stepped out. She waved me away and I quietly shut the door.

Thank you for reading! So school is done finally so I should have more time to write lately. I'm going to try to make my update schedule once a week on Saturday but it might be kinda flimsy. Everything had been pretty rough lately but I still ant to write this story! So hope you enjoyed the chapter and thank you for all the votes and reads!

Also it's almost my anniversary of being on Wattpad! Should I make a special chapter? What should it be? I'm thinking an actor AU.

Ok, that's all for now! Till next week everyone!

~The Intelligent Raccoon