Chapter 9

Kobayashi and I sat in silence for a few minutes. He was an awkward mess and I was afraid to approach him.

"So", we said in unison.

"You go first", he commented politely.

"Are you ok? Why are you acting like that?", I inquired.

"Me? You're the one acting weird lately!", He announced nervously.

"How am I acting weird? You barely even know me", I stated.

"You shoved me into a car and pulled me out the hallway AND you helped me when those kids were-"

"I was being nice!" I interrupted.

"Well I guess I'm just not used to nice people", he stated sheepishly.

"I don't think anyone at this school is. They force your morals out of you",

"Yeah they do"

Another moment of silence passed.

"Why are you so polite as of lately", I inquired.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about actually".

I cocked my head in confusion and a light blush crept onto Kobayashi's face. He rubbed the back of his neck and started on a tangent.

"You are the first person who acted kind towards me and I was just... amazed. You broke the rules just to be nice to me even though I was awful to you. I feel really guilty about it and I just think you deserve better", he noted.

My eyes watered and sparkled when he finished. He looked really embarrassed about saying all that but I was so proud. I grabbed his hand with both of mine and pulled it close to me.

"Kobayashi, let's be friends!" I cried.

"W-what? Wait d-don't cry! Ok! We can be friends!" He said, flustered.

I sniffled and hugged him cheerfully. He was bright red now so it was a good thing we approached his house a few seconds later. We said our goodbyes and he headed into his house. When my driver pulled up to my house I refocused on the task at hand.

I wished my driver safe travels and headed to my front door. I paused at the door and took a deep breath, then I was ready to greet Aiko.

I unlocked my door and stepped into the cold house. Aiko didn't greet me like usual, not that I expected her to anyway. My shoes clacked against the floor and the sound echoed throughout the house. This is what emptiness sounds like. I placed my bag on the floor by the door and headed into the living room. There was Aiko asleep on the couch, she was shivering from the cold so I grabbed a blanket from the linen closet and covered her. I didn't want to wake her up so I left her asleep on the couch. I walked into the kitchen and dinner was prepared as usual. I took my food up to my room and ate in silence. Afterward, I let my dogs in from outside and we all cuddled up in my room. 

Hours later I still couldn't fall asleep. It was now around three in the morning and the quiet of the night was interrupted by my door creaking open. Aiko peered in with a small teacup and a blanket around her shoulders. 

"Good evening miss", Aiko greeted as she put the teacup on my nightstand.

"Evening Aiko", I mumbled.

"It's mint", Aiko stated, before heading back towards the door.

"Aiko wait! Please stay for just a minute", I pleaded.

Aiko sat patiently in my window.

"I apologize for snapping at you earlier today. I also wanted to say the tea was actually really good", I apologized sheepishly.

Aiko chuckled to herself and moved closer to me.  

"Don't worry. I was never upset with you. Just, surprised you lost your temper so easily. And I'm glad you enjoyed the tea", Aiko chirped quietly.

"I'm so glad to hear that", I said through a yawn.

"Goodnight madam", Aiko whispered.

"Night"

I drifted off to sleep immediately after that. I guess guilt was keeping me awake that night. 

I apologize for the short chapter guys but I wanted to let you guys read something new! It's been a while since I uploaded an ACTUAL chapter so here you guys go! Merry Christmas(Or whatever holiday you celebrate). I also wanted to thank you guys for 5k reads! Plus the wonderful comments and votes. 

So other than that, two things I wanted to mention. How many of you guys are lesbians and are any of you Russian? Has nothing to do with you guys or the story I'm just curious.

Ok, happy holidays everyone, and enjoy the mini chapter! Love ya'll!