Home life

I stepped outside and waited for my ride to come to pick me up. I messed with my phone while waiting, until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned back to look behind me, and it was none other than Ms. Momobami. Her steps were slow any had large pauses in between them. I assumed she didn't want me to have a panic attack like last time we were together, so she was distancing herself from me.

"You can come closer. I won't bite, not unless you want me to", I invited.

She looked surprised and I could see her blush a bit. She still came up to me and stood beside me as I waited for my limo to arrive. For a few minutes, we didn't speak until we heard thunder above us. Kirari flinched and I giggled. For the first time, she seemed vulnerable for a split second.

"What? Scared of thunder?" I chuckled.

"Of course not" Kirari turned away.

"Whatever you say", I responded, looking back to my phone.

My driver pulled up soon after. It had started sprinkling by then so I rushed into the limo and quickly shut the door. Kirari started heading back into the school until I called after her.

"Would you-. Let me give you a ride home" I insisted.

"Sorry I have work to-" Kirari started.

"No, you don't. If you did you wouldn't have stood out here with me" I interrupted.

"What if I just wanted to make sure you got home safely?" Kirari inquired with a smirk.

"Then let me return the favor" I requested.

Kirari smiled and blushed. I opened the door for her and she hopped in. I told the driver that a friend would be joining me and he agreed to take her home. He asked Kirari her address but she insisted on just giving directions, she didn't want me knowing her address yet. We decided to drop Kirari home first since her house was farther. I overheard my driver take a call and then change routes.

"This isn't the proper route", Kirari stated, with a worried tone.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"A family emergency has come up Ms. Kaneko. I hope it's alright If I drop off you and your friend at your residence. I could take her home at a later date" The driver requested.

I looked at Kirari to see her response to which she replied "I don't have any plans". I agreed and we immediately sped to my house. We quickly stepped out of the car and ran through my courtyard to get out of the rain. We reached my door and quickly and we were immediately greeted by Aiko. I introduced her to Kirari and told her she would be staying for a bit. Aiko understood and went off to the kitchen to start preparing dinner.

I walked Kirari into the study and we chatted for a bit I asked about her family but I didn't get much information. Only that she lived with her sister. She asked me the same question in return, and I responded with I live with Aiko and my father has custody of me, but he travels quite a bit. We sat and made small talk for a bit which slowly faded into silence after hours. It was getting dark outside so I excused myself to call my driver. When I called he told me his wife had gone into labor and she was still giving birth. He told me he most likely wouldn't be able to come to drop my friend home. I said I understood and hung up.

"Um, Kirari?" I peered around the corner.

" Yes, darli-... Kaneko?" Kirari answered.

"You can call me (y/n), and unfortunately I have some bad news" I groaned.

"My driver can't make it back to take you home. Do you have anyone who can come to take you home?" I expressed.

"No, but I have no problem walking" Kirari responded, getting up and grabbing her things.

"I can't let you do that. It's already dark out, and I wouldn't want anything to happen to you on my accord" I noted.

"Do you have any other suggestions, (y/n)?" Kirari grinned.

I was hesitant to say it. Why was I raised to be a good host! I literally just met her today, and I'm really inviting her to stay in my home. Alright, If I can offer her a ride I can offer a place to sleep.

"You could stay the night here if you wish. I'd have you driven to school with me in the morning" I said hesitantly.

"I'd like that", Kirari replied with a smirk.

Aiko called us for dinner and we went to the dining room. Aiko really outdid herself today, she cooked 3 days worth of food and insisted Kirari eat as much as possible. Kirari looked a little overwhelmed but still kept that fake smile on her face. I chuckled softly as I got up from the table. I told Kirari to come with me before Aiko shoved more food down her throat. Aiko got up to put the rest of the food away and clean up the dishes.

I took Kirari up to my room to get her some clothes to sleep in. I gave her an oversized sweatshirt to wear to bed and she happily accepted it. I warned her about my large dogs and that Aiko would be letting them in soon. Kirari understood and went into the bathroom to change. I put extra sheets and blankets into the guest room.

When Kirari came out of the bathroom my dogs immediately ran up the stairs to come to greet our guest. They easily toppled her over and started to sniff her. Once I was done laughing I helped Kirari and showed her to the guest room.

"Actually, If it's not too much trouble. I'd like to stay with you" Kirari chirped.

"O-oh, would you?" I trembled.

That's the end of Chapter 4! Hope you're all enjoying the story so far, and I want all my readers to know I love you guys SO MUCH! SO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SWEET COMMENTS BECAUSE IT REALLY DOES MAKE MY DAY! I'll always try to reply if you comment on something, and if you want to message me, please do!

-The Intelligent Raccoon