Chapter 22: You Don't Own Me {FINAL CHAPTER PT.2}

This was going on too long for Y/n. 

The game had been going on for a good 20 minutes. Every time the cards were flipped Y/n's cards matched up perfectly. Midari was getting more and more agitated.  Y/n knew that Midari had the power to end her right now but she wouldn't. And out of respect Y/n wouldn't either. She didn't bother loading her gun every chance she got, and on the rounds she picked up Midaris gun she always purposefully missed. 

"I don't get it. Are you mocking me?"

"Pretty much", Y/n responded coldly.

Midari fumed at the calmness of Y/n, "How are you doing this... why...".

"Hey" Y/n called. Midari was close to tears, she was mortified at her loosing streak especially because the game should've been over by now. "Hey", Y/n repeated. Midari looked up and was stunned. Y/n was on the table, staring into her eyes, unblinking. She gripped Midaris jaw, nails pressing into her flesh. "Listen. If I'm going to be gambling with you I want it to be worth my while".

Midari squirmed and blushed, knowing she wouldn't be able to speak any comprehensive words to Y/n.

 "So here's my idea. Let's turn this into an official match. Cause there's only one thing I want and because you wasted my time, you're going to arrange it for me". 

Midari shivered  and her eyes glossed while her imagination went wild. "You're going to arrange a game with Kirari for me. Winner gets president title and loser becomes a house pet".

Y/n got up and left the room leaving Kirari in place. She pounded on the door next to her room and yelled to Yumeko "Let's go". 

The match was scheduled for the next day.

Students all gathered in the auditorium, roaring, excited about a match against the president. Students cleared the halls as Y/n walked towards the auditorium, silencing the chatter amongst them. Yumeko, Mary, Ryota, and Kobayashi followed closely behind Y/n. Yumeko was so excited she was basically skipping, but Y/n could feel how tense the others were.

"Y/n, what's the big idea? Why are you gambling against the president?" Mary questioned.

"I'm just sick at being pushed around at this school. Every day I'm forced to gamble and I don't feel like doing that anymore". 

The group was shocked hearing her explanation. It was really as simple as she didn't like being told what to do? The group pondered Y/n and how she ended up at this school.

"Alright Students! Are you ready for the bet of all bets!" Runa amped up the crowd. 

"Today we have an official match between... Kirari Momobami!", a spotlight illuminated the president. Kirari smirked. 

"And Y/n Kaneko!", Y/n's spotlight shone on her. She waved politely. 

"They will be playing a game of, drumroll please... Roulette! The stakes will be the Student Council President Position and Title!".

Kirari and I sat next to each other, backs to the crowd. "Best of Luck", I whispered to Kirari, she shivered at the warmth of my breath but only enough for me to notice. 

Tensions were high for the entire game. Both Kirari and I were skilled gamblers, but unknown to anyone, Roulette was my favorite.  I had become almost perfect at calculating where the ball would end up, only because I loved watching the spinning wheel when my father would play. almost an hour had gone by, and I was winning by far, another two wins and I would have the title. Kirari seemed somewhat pleased though. She WANTED this and I had played into it. She wanted the end of responsibility and she wanted to see Y/n gambling.

 I started to giggle. Another win for myself. She was doing this on purpose, and she knew I now knew. The crowd gawked and screamed at the final point being so within my grasp. "Well played Kirari", I said before the last bet was even won. "You played well. You'll make a great president", Kirari mocked. 

I won the last bet. Even if I attempted to lose it was too late. I burst out in a laugh and stood up and pulled Kirari into me, standing face to face. Her blue eyes burned into mine, and I loved it.

"You know what I'm gonna do now that you're mine?" 

Before Kirari could even answer I pulled her face into mine and gave her a gentle kiss. "I'm going to destroy the system of this school."