Chapter 11

After breakfast, my father and I talked a bit more while watching some television.

"Darling, I'm going to have to leave again, later today", Dad stated gloomily.

"Don't worry. I understand", I replied with a sigh following.

My Dad turned away from me and rubbed the nape of his neck. He hated being away from my sister and I so often, and we were seldom all together. It was a miracle we were all still as close as always.

We continued to watch tv silently while my father marinated in his guilt. Aiko tried to lighten up the mood with snacks and small jokes, and while my father appreciated it and laughed along with her, I only responded with small smiles. When I felt the mood was too tense I decided I would be the one to break the ice. I got up and dusted some crumbs off myself before I spoke.

"I'm going out. Aiko if you could get the dogs from the backyard please", I requested coldly.

"Yes, understood ma'am", Aiko responded and hurried out.

"Where are you going?", My Dad whined.

"Just that park, the one by the marketplace", I responded, heading up the stairs.

"Oh, alright. Will you be back to see me off?" My father questioned, but by the time he was done I was already up the stairs.

I stepped into my bedroom and started to look for an outfit. Aiko always had a few emergency outfits prepped for Mr but she always made them look so preppy. I wanted something a bit casual so I settled on a long skirt and a loose white shirt. The shirt fit around my chest a bit tighter than I expected, but I'm sure nobody would notice. 

(This is the outfit I chose minus the shoes but feel free to imagine whatever clothes you want)

I grabbed a bag off the shelf in my closet and then started sifting through my shoes to choose a pair. I decided on some low cut sneakers that had laces that matched my skirt. After putting them on I skipped downstairs to meet Aiko at the door. She had already prepared the dogs to be walked, they were fitted with King's Navy harness clipped onto him and Lilac's rose-gold collar latched onto her. Aiko handed me their leashes and once I took them she opened the front door. The dogs rushed out the door, dragging me along with them. I shouted "Goodbye" as I was pulled out of the courtyard, and Aiko waved back with a gentle smile. My father peered out the window to see me off and he took another sigh. Aiko shut the door and locked it behind her before sitting on the couch next to my father. 

"She's absolutely darling you know", Aiko started to say.

"I know", My father chuckled before putting his phone down. 

"I'm sorry you don't get much time with her. It must be so frustrating",  Aiko stated softly.

"Thank you for your sympathy. I just wish I had more time with her lately", Dad sighed.

"Mr. Kaneko-",

"Please, call me Daiki", My father interrupted.

"Daiki", Aiko responded with a slight blush. "Even with all the time you've spent away from her, you've raised her into an excellent young woman".

"Again thank you, but. Honestly, you're the one who's raised her into the person she is. She has your charm", He responded in a singsong voice. 

Aiko blushed profusely and stammered out a "thank you".

"To be completely honest Aiko" Father started. "I wish you had been my wife and mother of my children. I know you would've done better than my ex-wife".

"S- Daiki!" Aiko turned an even redder shade.

"Not to make things inappropriate between us but, I was only trying to compliment you"

"O-oh, understood. Thank yo-you"

"Besides. Who wouldn't want a family with a wealthy, attractive man, such as myself" My father purred in Aiko's ear, His smokey voice echoing in her mind.

Aiko jumped at his warm breath on the nape of her neck. She was too flustered to respond with words. My father took off his suit jacket and tossed it to lay on the couch. "I'm going to go lay down in my room, you dusted right?", Aiko nodded in response to which my father replied "Good girl". Dad disappeared up the stairs while Aiko remained frozen on the couch.

The dogs cooled down for a while when we approached the market, it was bustling with people. I decided I would stop by a vendor for a minute to get something to eat. I stopped at a vendor with yakitori cooking and an assortment of treats behind her. I stepped up to her and ordered 4 skewers to go. She placed the freshly cooked chicken skewers on a plastic plate, wrapped the plate, reached behind her, and dropped a few treats into it before handing me the bag. "Wait I only paid for the chicken", I responded after looking in the bag. "Free with your purchase", she told quickly before handling the next customer. I said a quick thank you before continuing to the nearby park with my dogs. 

I sat on a secluded bench in the park while lilac sat beside me and king inspected a patch of grass. I started to eat off a skewer and I placed a piece of chicken in front of lilac so she could enjoy it as well. I was eating in peace until a soft creaking came from beside me. I jolted up in surprise and looked beside me to see the source of the sound. There was my electric eyed beauty, once again. Teasing me with that seductive glare of hers.

~Word count: 973~

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, cause I really enjoyed writing it. I love writing flustered Aiko, you'll see a lot more of her soon. Other than that thank you guys for 10k reads! Your reads, votes, and comments mean so much to me! 

Anywho, school is starting up again so my upload schedule may be a bit slower, unfortunately, and when I do update it'll probably be late at night. 

Ok, I'm going back to class now. Bye, you wonderful readers!

-Intelligent Raccoon