Happy New years! + mini chapter

Happy holidays everyone! Hope you're enjoying the story so far, I know I enjoy seeing your reads and comments! Speaking of which thank you guys for 8k! I will continue to work on this story and keep replying to comments and keep supporting you all as much as you support me!

Onto the chapter!

"Hi daddy", I replied , whilst skipping down the stairs.

My father opened his arms to embrace me. We hugged for a quick minute before I stepped back and faced him.

"Thank you so much for the bracelet", I chimed.

"I'm glad you do! It's emerald and 14k gold. Only the best for my baby", my father said cheerfully, with a bright smile in his face.

I smiled back, and opened the box containing the bracelet. My dad took out the bracelet and clasped it onto my wrist gently. He struggled for a while because the clasp was so small compared to his hands.

We sat down and discussed the past two weeks we hadn't seen each other.  He told me he was planning to start building hospitals in Tokyo and Osaka. Most of his hospitals were in less popular cities. Aiko approached the both of them a few minutes later to announce breakfast was ready.

We all sat down to eat sweet crepes. While we ate my father's phone started to vibrate and he left the table to go into another room. Although Aiko and I couldn't hear all his conversation I could pick up some fragments of it.
"Mei please", "She doesn't want to", "I know she's your daughter too but-", "fine". I heard my father start to walk back to the table. I already knew it was my mother he was talking to, so I decided to not speak to her about it.

"Your mother would like to speak to you", my dad said coldly, handing the phone over to me.

"Hello, mother", I replied with the same tone of voice my father had.

"Whatever happened to mama or mommy?" She whined back.

"Maybe you can be called mommy by your new husband"

"Don't say that Y/n! Don't be vulgar"

I turned to my dad to see if he heard me. He wasn't facing me but he had a slight smirk on his face which evolved into a chuckle.

"What is it mother", I replied rudely.

"I want to see you! I have big news, and I want to tell you first", she chirped happily.

"Unless the news is your husband is dead, I couldn't care less",

"If I say he's dead will you come?"

"I want to see the death certificate first"

"Oh, stop being difficult y/n! Just come see me for once!"

I took a deep sigh, trying to decide how I wanted to handle this situation. I could see her just to play a kind act for the press(if my mother was out, so were the reporters), or I could avoid her forever like my original plan.

"Sorry mother. I have plans", I responded a few seconds later.

"But I didn't set a date"

"Well I'm booked for the next few years, maybe try again when I'm on my deathbed!" I replied with a sassy tone. I afterwards hung up the phone and slid it back to my father. He continued to laugh and then set the phone in his pocket.

"Ah, I love you so much", my father huffed out after he was done laughing.

"Love you most", I replied, continuing to eat my crepes.

I did say it would be a short chapter! See you guys soon though, with the rest of chapter 11.