Chapter 21: Russian Roulette {FINAL CHAPTER PT.1}

Midari explained the rules of her game as I sat and listened.

"You could've just said it's Russian Roulette mixed with a matching game", I commented.

"I hope I get the honor of putting a bullet through your brain", Midari sneered.

"Hey, if it'll make this go quicker, give it your best shot"

A bullet knicked my cheek and hit the wall behind me. I have to say I was shaken and I didn't think she would actually shoot at me before the game began. I'm actually risking my life here. The thought haunted me. I better shut the hell up.

"Hi, Y/n!", Yumeko chirped through the screen near me. It startled me.

"Don't worry Yumeko! I'll be fair this time! I'll gamble for real this time!", Midari drooled over Yumeko.

I winced at the display but tried to hide my expression, for fear of getting shot.

Midari gave me a scowl that turned into a sly smile. I wasn't scared or intimidated, only concerned for Midari's sanity. I had never met Midari before so I didn't know her habits or how to read her. Luckily, this kind of game didn't require reading Midari. I could, however, read Yumeko.

The game started and immediately I knew Yumeko would place the cards at random. She wanted a game completely ruled by chance. Fortunately that worked in my favor, it meant Midari couldn't use her in any way to win.

Yumeko finished placing the cards and I studied the deck. "I have the same deck at home", my thoughts echoed.
I placed down my cards at random.

A/N:
I'm so sorry this is taking so long. I don't even remember how long it's been since I wrote but I published this short chapter just to let you guys know I haven't given up

My readers are my motivation and I love you all💕

-the intelligent raccoon