Chapter 16

The food and drinks we ordered came shortly. The four of us ate together and conversed for hours until the store started to get crowded. The look on Aiko's face made me assume she was getting overwhelmed by all the commotion so I tried wrapping up the conversation with Mary and Yumeko. "You guys have to head home so soon?", Yumeko whined. "Yeah... my dogs can't be left alone too long", I lied. "How about we gamble for a minute! If I win you stay longer!", Yumeko suggested. A well-hid sinister expression crept onto her face and made me back up nervously. "Yumeko just let them go home", Mary said nonchalantly, leaning back in her chair. "Well it was an honor to meet you girls but Miss Kaneko and I must be going!", Aiko rambled and hurried to pay our bill and get out of the shop. "Yes, Aiko's right. But it was nice to see you guys out of school", I stated while Aiko dragged me out.

Aiko and I started our walk back to the house, it was silent for most of the journey until I broke the comfortable silence. 

"So, I see you're not fond of Yumeko" I stated.

"I... she seems..."

"No, it's fine. I see why you'd find her a bit off-putting. But, she's amazing and quite talented"

"I'm sure she is"

Aiko and I continued walking and made it to to the house. We both went inside and laid around the house for most of the day. When dinnertime came around I came down from upstairs and helped Aiko set the table. Aiko brought out dinner and I scrolled through my phone while we ate. "Miss Kaneko", Aiko called me. I looked up and locked eyes with her while I tied to hurry and chew my food. "I wanted to tell you the reason I took you out today", Aiko mentioned skeptically. I swallowed my food and replied, "Go on". "Your father invited me on a trip with him. But I wanted to see if it was ok with you to go with him. It would be strictly professional, of course!". Aiko continued to nervously ramble as I chewed more food and was unable to stop her. Once again I chewed quicker and swallowed to try to interject. "Aiko! It's fine". She stopped mid-sentence and sparkled with joy. "Are you sure? I don't want-", I stopped her again "Aiko, I can't control you or my dad and I don't want to. If you want to go out-", "I'm not going out with your father!", Aiko spat out, flustered. "Go out... On vacation with him. Then I'm not going to stop you". Aiko nodded rapidly as I finished my food and she continued hers. I finished dinner and was about to get up to put my plate in the sink before Aiko spoke again. "Miss Kaneko...". I looked up at Aiko. Instead of sparkling like before they were dark and matte, but curious. "Nevermind", Aiko continued before asking me her question. Aiko got up and picked up my plate before I could get up. She walked to the kitchen and started dishes right away, I headed up to my room and went to bed.

I fell asleep in a matter of minutes, Aiko came in an hour later to check on me. She had changed into her sleeping clothes and cracked my door open to find me knocked out and curled around Lilac. Aiko plugged in my phone and pulled the covers over me. She scratched Lilac's head and silently snuck out of the room.

OK, it's late and I'm tired, hope you guys enjoyed the short chapter. I love writing about Aiko okee night y'all.

~Intelligent Raccoon