↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

November 1978

The forest outside Potter Manor

                This was the first time they'd been back. 

It was obvious the house had been ransacked by the Death Eaters, so no one actually went in. It was too painful. 

Lily looked beautiful in her dress with her hair all pinned up. James looked absolutely chuffed. He, too, looked good with a red lily on his jacket lapel and his hair, for once, neat. 

Thea had been the maid of honor and Sirius had been the best man. Everyone had laughed at Sirius's speech and cried at Thea's, it was the way things were supposed to be. 

Thea held Lily's hand all the way through, especially when she received a particularly nasty letter from her sister ( which Thea promptly burned ). But, in the end, they were all happy. 

Remus looked as jubilant as ever, even after the full moon as he and Peter danced crazily on the floor. 

Marlene McKinnon and Dorcas Meadows ( fellow bridesmaids and two people whom Thea had become quite close to during the preparation time ) swayed with each other. 

Only the stragglers and the wedding party were left ( as they had all promised to ). Some of the string lights had fallen a little bit and glasses half full of champagne and plates with the remnants of cake were strewn everywhere. 

James and Sirius were drunkenly dancing next to Marlene and Dorcas and Peter and Remus. Which left Thea, Lily and Emmaline, Alice, Mary and Frank sitting at the table. 

Frank held his hand out to Alice for one last dance ( which she gladly took ), leaving the girls. 

One by one, Emmaline excused herself as she had an early-ish start the next morning and then Mary excused herself as she was about to fall asleep, herself. 

At the very end of the night, James and Lily suggested everyone come to their house in Godric's Hollow, which they accepted ( except for Marlene and Dorcas, who were headed home for some adult time ). 

Once they had reached the house, they all piled onto the couch as Thea lit the fire. Sirius had passed out on a chair, his suit jacket crumpled on the floor and his dress shoes kicked somewhere into the house. 

James on the floor, surrounded by pillows that Mrs. Evans had gifted them, the flower on his lapel was crushed underneath his weight and his once neat hair had sprung to ( unruly ) life again. 

Remus was curled up on the chair across from Sirius. 

Lily had her head on Thea's lap as the former stroked her red hair, her white wedding dress neatly strewn across the couch as Lily tangled her legs in it. Thea's blue bridesmaid dress acted as a pillow for Lily, bunched underneath her head.

Peter was perched on Lily's legs, his coat tails ( because like hell James Potter would've had a wedding without coat tails on the suits ) were flapped out, one covering his stomach, the other covering his back. His shoes were neatly by the door. 

"This looks familiar," Thea slurred.

"Hm," Lily hummed as she fought to stay awake. 

She never wanted to leave this day. 

"Shouldn't you and James be, you know-" Thea teased softly. 

"We're both drunk, T, not a chance," Lily mumbled. 

"Fair enough," Thea conceded.

"And besides, I've missed my family," she mumbled, "you are all so busy doing things. We barely see each other anymore." 

"Well we are adults now," Thea joked softly. 

"What a horrible thing to be," Lily grumbled, "I wish we never had to grow up." 

"Me too," Thea hummed. 

Both girls felt their eyelids becoming heavier and slowly, slowly, they let sleep overtake them.