↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Late July 1977

Potter Manor

"Wait up!" Thea yelled as she heard the boys gathering in the front hall, ready to apparate to Merlin knows where.

"You're taking bloody forever, Thea," James called back. The Potter girl came bounding towards them in a pink cotton summer dress and white muggle Converse that she had convinced Remus to get her. 

"Sorry, mum needed help with something. But I'm here now," she said with a grin. She took James' hand and he apparated them both to a field. 

"J, where are we?" Thea asked once she had regained her footing. 

"You'll see," he said with a grin. He bounded down the path towards some foliage. The boys weren't following him. She looked at Sirius to see if he hand any clue, but he just shrugged. 

Eventually, Sirius ran after him and Thea walked down with Remus and Peter, the former telling them about plant species along the way. 

When they finally reached the laughter, a small lake was revealed. James and Sirius were already splashing around in it. 

"Come on in, the water's lovely!" James called out. Thea raised her eyebrow in suspicion. "I'm being serious," James said again.

"Well that's just a lie because he's Sirius and you're James. Have you put a spell on it?" Thea called back.

"I swear on Crookshanks that I haven't," James replied. Thea knew how much he loved that cat, so she unbuttoned her dress, revealing her bra and underwear, and jumped into the water. 

She swam on her own for a little bit, enjoying the coolness of the water in contrast to the sticky summer air. Then suddenly, she felt someone wrap their arms around her and lift her up, with the intent to scare her. She turned around and saw her brother.

"Let's go play chicken," he said. 

"Alright," she replied, not before dunking him under the water, however. 

"That's not fair," James spluttered when he resurfaced. 

"You tried to scare me, it's sensible to retaliate," Thea called back.

"I hate it when you sound all academic like that," James grumbled as he caught up to her.

"I think you're just jealous because Lily likes it," Thea teased.