↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

April 1978

The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

                 Thea heard soft sobbing and her heart broke. 

She didn't know who it was, but when she turned the corner, she found little solider boy all alone.

He looked up and quickly wiped away his tears.

"Hello Thea," Regulus said as he sniffed and stood up.

Thea looked at him with sad eyes. She just looked at him. 

His normally curly hair was frizzy and unkempt. His eyes looked void of happiness. The bags under his eyes resembled the dark side of the moon. A pain, an exhaustion that's unseen, hidden away, saved for quiet whispers and soft sobs.

She stepped forward and enveloped him in a hug. They held each other. The second siblings. The bearers of the burden. The protectors. 

She softly kissed his hair. 

They sunk to the floor, the cobblestones cool on Thea's bare legs as a slight breeze made their hair dance. 

"I don't- I didn't- I didn't mean- I want to get out. They're horrible," Regulus sobbed. 

Thea stroked his hair and placed her cheek on the top of his head as he burrowed his head in her neck. 

She knew. She didn't have to ask. She wouldn't make him say it.

"Then what are you going to do about it?" Thea whispered back. 

Regulus stiffened and pulled away, facing her. She tucked a piece of hair behind his ear.

"It's no use just sitting there," she continued, "it's still a war."

Regulus slowly nodded and buried his eyes in his hands. He kept nodding. He didn't stop nodding.

"You're right," he croaked. 

"Reg, look at me," Thea said kindly.

He looked up and into her eyes.

"You're always welcome at Potter Manor," she said softly.

Regulus laughed bitterly briefly. 

"Right," he said, looking at his hands.

"It's true," Thea said quietly, "don't think I'm afraid to fight your brother or my brother."

He looked up at her.

"Don't think I'm not," she affirmed.

He nodded slowly, still looking at her. 

"So you and Sirius?" Regulus asked, a small smile placing itself on his face.

Thea nodded shyly and smiled. 

"I'd love for you to become my sister," Regulus said, his smile growing.

Thea's head snapped up and a deep blush bloomed on her cheeks.

"It's- I- We're not-" Thea stuttered.

Regulus laughed lightly.

"Of course you two are getting married. I've seen the way he looks at you and the way you look at him. Long before you guys even thought of dating each other," Regulus said.

Thea tried to suppress a smile. 

"And, let me tell you, that will be the happiest day of my life," Regulus said with a small chuckle. 

"I think the day you get married will be the best day of your life," Thea said with challenging eyes.

"That's the pity with unrequited love. Some of us don't get the happy ending. Not like you do," Regulus said quietly. 

Thea looked at him with a questioning gaze. 

"I always talked about wanting to become part of the Potter family. Shed my family name. But not with you," Regulus said coyly. 

Thea's eyes widened in realization and then saddened. 

"You'd be good for him," she said quietly, "but..."

"Lily Evans is perfect," Regulus hummed, "even I think so." 

Thea smiled sadly.

"It's alright. I've heard that after heartbreak comes the best art and perhaps an epic story, so let's hope for the future, shall we?" Regulus asked, sniffing slightly.

Thea nodded and pulled him into her lap as she stroked his head. He inhaled vanilla and smiled.